Stoma reversal advice

my sister will be going in for this operation in the next few weeks,she is getting her self into a bit of a state as she wants it doing but is afraid of going back into hospital again,she was rushed in last time as her bowl burst so she was critically ill for a while,she does know that it wont be that bad this time but does anyone know how good these reversals are,thanks

Tell her not to worry. Had mine reversed 12 years ago without a single problem since. There's nothing like having to sit on a toilet again! Very common operation and she'll be in the best hands.

My baby girl Ellie had a bowel perf at two week and obviously the first operation was touch and go. She was so poorly and swollen. Stupidly I expected her to be really poorly when she had the reversal six months later, but it was wonderful. Op only took about 90 mins. They only make a small incision (nowhere near as big as when she first. Perforated) She came back looking brill. Did her first poo about 24 hours Later and had her first bottle a few mins later. Never looked back. (Apart from a sore bottom from time to time) but nowhere near as sore as the stoma site got on occasions. Send her my wishes and tell her its not as bad as last time

Archived