Pushy Christians!!

Maybe she feels the church is being used by yourself, just so you can keep a 'family tradition' going? Look at it from her point of view, instead of what you want out of it.

The vicar is investing her time into a christening because she believes in the sancity of the service - all you want is to uphold a family tradition, and you cannot even be bothered to be seen playing by the rules.

Despite the obvious....I can still read and understand the post...you are just being pedantic....quite pathetic really :roll:

I would summise that the person talking about magic people isn't a Christian.....but what he does recognise that your intention isn't right.

So you now seem to have opposition from both believers and non-believers.

Has it not hit home to you yet.....that what you intend to do might look right on the photos...but won't be right in the heart????

edit: actually on reading andygardner's post again I am not sure if he is Christian or not..it doesn't really matter.

Has it not hit home yet?? I'm only doing it so it looks right on the photos. I don't give a tom tit what the Christian community thinks.

Thousands of people get their children christened who aren't religious.

Oh and for the record, the drunk old vicar never once asked us whether we were Christians or anything about our faith.

Has it not hit home yet?? I'm only doing it so it looks right on the photos. I don't give a tom tit what the Christian community thinks.

Thousands of people get their children christened who aren't religious.

What kind of values are you going to instill into your child that you are a user who has no morals, I hope the vicar is reading this. See if this hit's home you are going into a place of worship, lying through your teeth just so your family can have photos of your child in your christening gown, you have no scruples.

I've never understood people who raise their child in a religion. Its not giving the poor kid any chance to make up their own mind as they've already been conditioned into believing one thing or another.

It denies them the freedom of thought and is in as many words "brainwashing"

I am not happy with this

Wrong.

I could easily say you have been brainwashed by atheists into thinking that way. It wouldn't mean anything at all and would quite probably be incorrect, but that doesn't stop you throwing around such crass generalisations.

(if you want a personal account, go and read my 1st post on this thread on the 1st or 2nd page. Or maybe I'm just the exception that proves the rule? :| )

What kind of values are you going to instill into your child that you are a user who has no morals, I hope the vicar is reading this. See if this hit's home you are going into a place of worship, lying through your teeth just so your family can have photos of your child in your christening gown, you have no scruples.

Does it really matter? How will it harm the vicar or the church? There are no losers in all of this.

Does it really matter? How will it harm the vicar or the church? There are no losers in all of this.

Except making it clear you have no regard for other people's beliefs?

That your own 'needs' for a photo are far more important than anyone else's beliefs regardless how strong those beliefs are?

Show everyone you feel it is ok to ridicule others beliefs whilst partaking in a ceremony built from those beliefs you are ridiculing?

Showing everyone that you (whoever) doesn't see a problem lying to/in front of those closest to him?

No, you're right. No harm done at all, except to insult the person performing the ceremony and to reveal yourself to your friends/family to be a selfish/dishonest/thoughtless person?

It was going to be a lot more than £20 believe me!

Talk about exaggerating! Of cause I value what I say to my kids you fool!! I'm getting him christened, I'm not exactly doing any harm to anyone!

If I promised my kids I was going to raise them in a particular faith then let them know I was lying through my ****, why should I expect them to believe anything else?

What a load of petty people there are on this forum., the response to this thread has truly surprised me. It's your child bonzo, if you want to have him christened and can find a church that will do it despite your lack of belief then go ahead, ignore all the haters.

If I promised my kids I was going to raise them in a particular faith then let them know I was lying through my ****, why should I expect them to believe anything else?

But that's not what happens, he doesn't promise his kids anything.

He promises god that he will raise his children as chistians, and that is a meaningless promise, it would be like me promising luke skywalker that I would raise my kids to be jedis.

Breaking a promise made to a fictional character is not a big deal, at all. It's only a big deal if you believe that character to be real.

Archived