Pushy Christians!!

Well based on the theme of this thread I could ask you what those people were doing at the christening in the first place. If they had principles, surely they shouldn't have been there at all?!

That's right, bit like you

That's right, bit like you

Proving my point that I'm not the only one that does this.

I can't believe how many people are crying over this!

The post wasn't supposed to be about the morals behind getting my son christened, but I suppose it was inevitable that it would end up being!

The vicar didn't even question our faith, she just started talking to us like we were beneath her straight away. I'll make her aware of this next sunday.......after the service.

[/b]

The latter referring to the mythology of God I presume. If that's so why have anything to do with a false idol.

The only person I worship is my wife. I have nothing to do with false idols!

Proving my point that I'm not the only one that does this.

I can't believe how many people are crying over this!

The post wasn't supposed to be about the morals behind getting my son christened, but I suppose it was inevitable that it would end up being!

The vicar didn't even question our faith, she just started talking to us like we were beneath her straight away. I'll make her aware of this next sunday.......after the service.

Well perhaps she thought you were honest and wanted your child christened into the christian faith because you believed in God. Good idea next Sunday, add insult to injury and throw it back in her face but make sure you've got your own way first :roll::roll: I can't believe you put the last post

You are confusing politics with religion! One is real, the other is based on a story.

Politics is not that much of a story though, but it does send MPs to sleep; you should see them catching some ZZZZZs in the HC.

Besides, religion IS politics

The only person I worship is my wife. I have nothing to do with false idols!

Then to reply in biblical language

"Yet ye not enter the temples of false idols"

And to you God is a false idol right"?

You shouda been honest with the priest and told her you didn't believe a word she said, wasn't going to have anything to do with her church or religion after the ceremony and going to bring the kid up to be educated that God was a man made work of of fiction.

I would have liked to have seen her face after you told her that :D

Well perhaps she thought you were honest and wanted your child christened into the christian faith because you believed in God. Good idea next Sunday, add insult to injury and throw it back in her face but make sure you've got your own way first :roll::roll: I can't believe you put the last post

I can't believe you put this post!

Then to reply in biblical language

"Yet ye not enter the temples of false idols"

And to you God is a false idol right"?

You shouda been honest with the priest and told her you didn't believe a word she said, wasn't going to have anything to do with her church or religion after the ceremony and going to bring the kid up to be educated that God was a man made work of of fiction.

I would have liked to have seen her face after you told her that :D

If she speaks to us like she did last tim I will tell her that.............after the christening.

If she speaks to us like she did last tim I will tell her that.............after the christening.

So you said nothing because you wanted your own way but come on here and complain, then once you've got your own way even though you believe the service is bunkum, then you're going to tell the vicar what you really think. That should go down well among the christians in your family who you purport to be having the christening for. Hypocrisy, look it up

Archived