Pushy Christians!!

Sorry put same thread more than oce when forum was being updated as thought it hadn't gone through first time and it got duplicated - ooops

Don't be....it couldn't have been a better post to duplicate. :D

He isn't even MAN enough to tell her before the service :hihi: Now that's what I call a manipulative liar.....I pity the child.

All I will say on that matter is.....God, you KNOW what is happening here....do your stuff ;)

With churches closing down or struggling to maintain their upkeep, you would think that the Christian community would be pleased when a family wants to get their child christened, what ever the reason!

We are just about to christen our son. Not because we are religious but because we have a family tradition, which probably started due to religion.

I've never been through such an ordeal!! The vicar made us go to a Sunday service (fair enough), then a few weeks after they made all the families go to an evening at church where we had to watch a DVD about Christianity and how a God Parent is supposed to teach the newly christened child about Jesus and the Christian faith. Then, to top it off, we had to go to a rehearsal. The rehearsal was by far the worst part. The vicar was pushy with the young ones amongst us, she was like a old fashioned school teacher, asking us questions

about Christianity and the role of a God Parent. I was on the verge of getting

up and calling the whole thing off!

If anything, this has made my lack of faith even stronger. Do these people want our business or are they happier seeing their church rot into the ground?!

Grow up!

I was going to rant but what's the point:roll:

He isn't even MAN enough to tell her before the service :hihi: Now that's what I call a manipulative liar.....I pity the child.

All I will say on that matter is.....God, you KNOW what is happening here....do your stuff ;)

Get off your soap box & stop being a total idiot!!

How can you say that you pitty my child for crying out loud?!?

Have you got children? Have you got a family that you care for and would do ANYTHING for??

Just because you chose to do things differently so someone else doesen't give you the right to pitty them, who do you think you are??

There isn't such things as god!!

Are you not MAN enough to live your own life without looking to your Imaginary friend for advice?

Get off your soap box & stop being a total idiot!!

How can you say that you pitty my child for crying out loud?!?

Have you got children? Have you got a family that you care for and would do ANYTHING for??

Just because you chose to do things differently so someone else doesen't give you the right to pitty them, who do you think you are??

Get off your high horse and grow up, your family must be so proud that you'll lie to the vicar just to get some snaps of your child and that once the ceremony is over that you are going to tell her what you really think. Is that what you're going to teach your child, you'll do anything to get your own way. Read all the posts, it's you whose looking the idiot here

Are you not MAN enough to live your own life without looking to your Imaginary friend for advice?

I'm not an atheist but I can respect an atheist for their views on religion because they're clear on where they stand. But you.................?

You are a total enigma :hihi:

Is the non existent God you are taking your child to the house of to be baptised the same as his mythical son was, what a plonker you are sounding. I am an atheist and aren't you MAN enough to tell your family the truth:roll:

Get off your high horse and grow up, your family must be so proud that you'll lie to the vicar just to get some snaps of your child and that once the ceremony is over that you are going to tell her what you really think. Is that what you're going to teach your child, you'll do anything to get your own way. Read all the posts, it's you whose looking the idiot here

I'm doing it because my family, including my wife really want to do it. I only said I would "tell the vicar what I thought" if she talked to us in the same way she spoke to us before. I would do the same to anyone who spoke to my family like she did.

I'm going to teach my child to the best of my ability. I was taught about Jesus when I was younger. I decided that I thought it was all a load of rubbish, my son will have the choice to do the same when he grows up.

The bottom line is that the vicar was nasty, fo NO reason. She didn't once question us about our faith. We could have been religious for all she knew.

Archived