Pushy Christians!!

I'm not an atheist but I can respect an atheist for their views on religion because they're clear on where they stand. But you.................?

You are a total enigma :hihi:

I know where I stand too. Not everyone can say that. My wife, for a start. She is not religious but if you ask her whether she believes in God she would probably say that she doesn't know.

Is the non existent God you are taking your child to the house of to be baptised the same as his mythical son was, what a plonker you are sounding. I am an atheist and aren't you MAN enough to tell your family the truth:roll:

What are you talking about? When did I say that my family don't know the truth??

My family know that I don't believe in God!

????

Get off your soap box & stop being a total idiot!!

How can you say that you pitty my child for crying out loud?!?

Have you got children? Have you got a family that you care for and would do ANYTHING for??

Just because you chose to do things differently so someone else doesen't give you the right to pitty them, who do you think you are??

Why do I pity your child? Because he has got to grow up with you as a role model :roll:

Yes I have a child.....and I have a whole family that I care deeply for and would do anything for them. Thing is my family would not expect me to go through some charade for whatever stupid reason you are doing it for.

You don't believe, you say your parents or grandparents don't believe....sheeple!

Who do I think I am??? Not a hypocrite with no morals or values that's for certain.

There isn't such things as god!!

Are you not MAN enough to live your own life without looking to your Imaginary friend for advice?

Then why USE His house and his ceremonies then....makes you look incredibly stupid at the very least. Why don't you just take your non-believing family down to the local boozer and splash the baby with some lager whilst promising it that one say you will show it Anfield. :hihi:

On the second point you are right...I am not MAN enough....but I am WOMAN enough. Woman enough to do right by my child. I wasn't a Christian when I gave birth and would never have had my son Christened, dedicated or whatever....despite the family who wanted it at the time. I didn't believe then and no way would I be disrespectful to those who did.

Why do I pity your child? Because he has got to grow up with you as a role model :roll:

Yes I have a child.....and I have a whole family that I care deeply for and would do anything for them. Thing is my family would not expect me to go through some charade for whatever stupid reason you are doing it for.

You don't believe, you say your parents or grandparents don't believe....sheeple!

Who do I think I am??? Not a hypocrite with no morals or values that's for certain.

I do have morals & I'm an excellent roll model for my son. To say I'm not because I'm having him christened as a none religious person is a bit of an over reaction don't you think?

I care for my son, I protect my son and family, I would do anything for them. I have worked hard enough to make sure he will have the best start in life as possible.

Then why USE His house and his ceremonies then....makes you look incredibly stupid at the very least. Why don't you just take your non-believing family down to the local boozer and splash the baby with some lager whilst promising it that one say you will show it Anfield. :hihi:

On the second point you are right...I am not MAN enough....but I am WOMAN enough. Woman enough to do right by my child. I wasn't a Christian when I gave birth and would never have had my son Christened, dedicated or whatever....despite the family who wanted it at the time. I didn't believe then and no way would I be disrespectful to those who did.

Why do you keep asking me why I'm doing this? Have I not mentioned it enough times? I know that you disapprove, but many wouldn't & many don't.

I do have morals & I'm an excellent roll model for my son. To say I'm not because I'm having him christened as a none religious person is a bit of an over reaction don't you think?

I care for my son, I protect my son and family, I would do anything for them. I have worked hard enough to make sure he will have the best start in life as possible.

You totally miss the point!!!

If lying to get him a christening is giving him the best start then go for it. Why would you consider it to be the best start???? Surely for any non-believer the best start would be to keep him as far away as possible from anything to do with God.

It's not about any act...it's about your motive and intention.

Enjoy your event....God WILL be watching you....after all you will be in HIS house. :shocked:

Why do you keep asking me why I'm doing this? Have I not mentioned it enough times? I know that you disapprove, but many wouldn't & many don't.

Because I am a Christian....and I cannot see the logic in any way, shape or form for you to have your child christened in a Church, before a congregation and blatantly tell lies....I just can't get my head round why???

Are you actually reading what people are saying on here....there is little support for you.

On reading the title I thought this thread was about something else.

There have been a group of religiony folk pressing the intercom on my gates for the past week.

I have nothing against their beliefs, but I don't want them coming to my private space trying to ram them down my throat! Know what I mean?

Because I am a Christian....and I cannot see the logic in any way, shape or form for you to have your child christened in a Church, before a congregation and blatantly tell lies....I just can't get my head round why???

Are you actually reading what people are saying on here....there is little support for you.

I'm not after support! This thread was about the way the vicar spoke to us. I don't really care about whether you think it's right or not.

As far as telling lies is concerned, I'm not the onlyone there who will be doing that! The vicar will be doing her fair share as well.

Archived