Pushy Christians!!

I know where I stand too. Not everyone can say that. My wife, for a start. She is not religious but if you ask her whether she believes in God she would probably say that she doesn't know.

Then a fair guess is that she's an agnostic

You totally miss the point!!!

If lying to get him a christening is giving him the best start then go for it. Why would you consider it to be the best start???? Surely for any non-believer the best start would be to keep him as far away as possible from anything to do with God.

It's not about any act...it's about your motive and intention.

Enjoy your event....God WILL be watching you....after all you will be in HIS house. :shocked:

Don't worry bonzo, god WON'T be watching you, he has got better things to do!

If every person in the world who has had their children christened without being religious was a hypocrite you can be sure you are not the only one!

Most non religious people I know that want to get their child christened was purely for the attempt to get their child into the higher performing Church of England schools (without realising that many have a scoring system including Church attendance) especially seeing as a lot on non religious venues have naming ceremonies.

Don't worry bonzo, god WON'T be watching you, he has got better things to do!

If every person in the world who has had their children christened without being religious was a hypocrite you can be sure you are not the only one!

As for God....omnipotent, onmipresent and omniscient - look it up.

Most people having their child christened (believer or non-believer) don't start threads bitching about the person they have ASKED to christen the child....if the OP really doesn't like the vicar then find someone he does....not rocket science.

Coming on here, starting a thread trying to tell us how hard done by he is....awwwwww....being picked on by a female vicar...and not having enough gonads to say something until after the ceremony is, to be quite frank, laughable.

Words of the day....hypocrite and coward. :hihi:

I'm not after support! This thread was about the way the vicar spoke to us. I don't really care about whether you think it's right or not.

As far as telling lies is concerned, I'm not the onlyone there who will be doing that! The vicar will be doing her fair share as well.

But she is christian in place of worship and you need to look at your morals as to why you want to invade her church which clearly you have no respect for or the vicar either and want her to baptise your child into her faith. She thinks you're a christian because you went to the church services - you know the ones where you pray to a god you don't believe in and I'm an atheist too, by the way

But she is christian in place of worship and you need to look at your morals as to why you want to invade her church which clearly you have no respect for or the vicar either and want her to baptise your child into her faith. She thinks you're a christian because you went to the church services - you know the ones where you pray to a god you don't believe in and I'm an atheist too, by the way

Well said denlin....so he now has a similar point of view from an atheist (you) and a Christian (me)....and still he doesn't get it.

I will pray that the child grows up to be an Everton fan :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Errm..... Not really.

Christening is a ceremony to welcome a child into the church community, and for the family and the congregation to make commitments to nurture the child's faith. If the family have no intention of doing that, and the congregation are never going to see the child again, then it's a sham ceremony.

I'm delighted to welcome new people into the church, whatever their level of faith or commitment has been before, but if all they're doing is a bit of church tourism where they make promises they don't mean, take a few photos, and then vanish never to be seen again then I don't really see the point.

I don't go to church to be an extra at someone's sham ceremony.

Perhaps I should start skipping services involving christenings for parents from outside the church.

Archived