Pushy Christians!!

... She said that it didn't worry her and that it is the best start for a child regardless of whether they choose to continue in the Christian faith or not.

How is splashing a bit of water on a babies head while muttering mumbo-jumbo the best start for a child?

Well............. We've had the christening, it went well and the vicar didn't take any tone or offence with us.

I spoke to her before the christening and asked her what her point of view was when none religious people get their children christened. She said that it didn't worry her and that it is the best start for a child regardless of whether they choose to continue in the Christian faith or not.

She advised that when the word God comes up in the service, we should think of the word love instead, which I thought was a nice touch!

Well thats worked out well then.Them lady vicars are more switched on than half the blokes who threaten to do a transfer in the close season to Roma and Avignon FC

Well............. We've had the christening, it went well and the vicar didn't take any tone or offence with us.

I spoke to her before the christening and asked her what her point of view was when none religious people get their children christened. She said that it didn't worry her and that it is the best start for a child regardless of whether they choose to continue in the Christian faith or not.

She advised that when the word God comes up in the service, we should think of the word love instead, which I thought was a nice touch!

Quite a beautiful post here Bonzo77. You settled for being honest and the vicar in turn understood you...and was compassionate for you.

I hope your boy now has a wonderful life :)

This christening wasn't in Mosborough by any chance, was it? And despite our huge difference of opinion, I am glad it went well for you in the end & your opinion of the vicar improved.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: hilarious. Who does she really work for then ?

Archived