Do I have to pay my Excel Parking Ticket?

The issue here isnt so much about parking ,its about cowboys being allowed to demand money with menaces from motorists . Some people may be frightened into paying these tickets ,and thats what these companies relying on , but they are civil matters ,and NO ONE has to pay these legalised thieves a penny , and i include the council in this as well.

A friend of mine was even clamped by one of these scumbags ,and he got someone to come out to him with a sthil saw and chop the clamp off. He recieved a letter from the parking company a couple of weeks later onforming him they intended taking him to court for damaging their clamp and the ticket, to which he told them to sod off , and he never heard from them again.

If you have recieved many over the years, either you ignore the rules on other peoples private land, or just cant park your vehicle correctly. Charges aside if people followed other peoples rules on their land there would be no need for threads like this. Unfortunaly people dont give a ****, park where they like then start so many threads whining about it.

Would you be ok if I parked on your drive while you were out, stopping you using the space?

to the OP .... i Foolishly paid the first ticket I recieved 18 months ago in Staples car park from Mick the lezza ( alias Aliens on here ), that was before I knew it wasnt worth the paper it was written on.

Since then I use Staples when ever I neeed to , I've had 3 tickets since then and just thrown away , I've heard absolutely nothing.

Just ignore them .

There's also Simon (alias Bonjon) who owns Excel , he's spouts allsorts of rubbish , just ignore anything he posts , there is no truth whatsoever in anything he says.

There's also Simon (alias Bonjon) who owns Excel , he's spouts allsorts of rubbish , just ignore anything he posts , there is no truth whatsoever in anything he says.

I wish I owned a company that payed the MD 450K a year.

If you have recieved many over the years, either you ignore the rules on other peoples private land, or just cant park your vehicle correctly. Charges aside if people followed other peoples rules on their land there would be no need for threads like this. Unfortunaly people dont give a ****, park where they like then start so many threads whining about it.

Would you be ok if I parked on your drive while you were out, stopping you using the space?

Its not a real business though is it ? Its a bunch of opportunists exploiting loopholes in the law.

Probably not, but what he wouldn't do is say that by parking on his drive you are entering into a contract with him to pay £60 if you stay there. If he did, you would laugh at him and say that you have not entered into any contract.

That is all that folk are doing when they bin your 'invoices'.

John X

I foolishly worked in the ticket office a few years back but quit thank god!

The amount of people crying down the phone, the eldery being scared into paying, the disabled being treated like trash and one time, a young woman died of cancer who got a ticket and she got hounded for her last 4 months to pay, and they then tried to get the cash of her parents!!!

I have had 4 tickets from them since leaving and I have never got a letter from them saying to pay or the fine is increased ect ect, now maybe thats because they are still very disorganised, or they know that trying to chase me will be more hassle for them than it's worth, with what I know about the company. Either way, my advise is also, DONT PAY and DONT have any contact with them at all under any circumstances.

money that has been conned , bullied or extorted out of innocent motorists .

Quite often , these will be elderly motorists who feel intimidated by the threatening letters these cowboys send out in the hope of scaring people into paying.

I wish I owned a company that payed the MD 450K a year.

money that has been conned , bullied or extorted out of innocent motorists .

There you go ,

you'd be able to sleep at night would you

I foolishly worked in the ticket office a few years back but quit thank god!

The amount of people crying down the phone, the eldery being scared into paying, the disabled being treated like trash and one time, a young woman died of cancer who got a ticket and she got hounded for her last 4 months to pay, and they then tried to get the cash of her parents!!!

Praying on people like that , I know you think it's a joke Bonjon .....

but All fun and banter asside

It's not right , is it ?

Depends if you want the threat of being taken to court??

The following person was being taken to court by Excel but decided to settle out of court as they didn't have much of a chance.....

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/action-desk/excel_parking_claims_legal_win_1_3266706

you did actually make up that bit bonjon, about not having much of a chance. unless you are legally qualified then you should not make statements like that, as its just supposition. the person probably just got scared with the bully boy tactics. someone with more nouse would let it go to court, and then let a sheffield judge make the decision as opposed to a forum scare monger.

ie just like the judge in mansfield who ruled they are unenfoirceable and allowed the local MP to state that Excel are a rogue company.

Archived