Do I have to pay my Excel Parking Ticket?

Help please!!

I have received 2 phone calls from a so called solicitor regarding an excel parking ticket I have never had. They claim to have written to me but iv received nothing. They said they r starting court proceedings against me but will not produce any evidence that I was

1. Parked without a permit (which I never have)

2. They issued a ticket

And 3 that they have sent letters regarding all this (btw none of the solicitorsnletters have been sent registered post apparently)

What do I do now???

Thanks

dont worry there is nothing they can do. i have been through similar and lived to tell the tale. remember one thing, these companies rely on fear and pressure to extort money from you. do not let them get to you, they are liers and will sail very close to what is legal. if they have no proof you parked where you did and no proof you received their invoices, then they can do nothing and their insistence in contacting you is considered harassment in uk law.

Received a parking ticket from the Staples/Mothercare car park nr St Marys Bramall Lane.

Long story but I had got back to my car in time be for the ticket expired my son needed a wee which I allowed him to do behind the car, but when he decided he also needed a poo we had to run back into Mothercare.

Needeless to say we were late back and got a ticket. I appealed and got turned down got to pay £60.

A colleague told me that you are not obliged to pay private parking fines like Excel but you do have to pay Sheffield City Council parking ticket?

Is there any truth in it?

Don't ignore it. It will get worse. My mate mick works for excel and he says PAY..

if your mate works for them im sure he would say to pay

i recieved a similar ticket and as stated there already is a thread regarding this if you look on there there is info on the legality

i replied pointing out al the details in law and what they were entitled to claim etc

i received a letter back stating they were not pursuing the ticket

IT IS NOT A LEGALLY BINDING TICKET AS SUCH AS IT IS COVERED BY CIVIL LAW

Archived