Minimum wage should be £24000+

Have you ever stopped and thought that theres more to life than GNI and the ££$$?

Expand your mind a bit.

For every business in the country, if there wasn't £££ then they wouldn't employ people. Hardly rocket science.

I do indeed work - full time.

Im off today in case you're wondering ;)

Nope,not wondering...if you work then you'll understand why some decisions are important to a company...even if you're a sole trader you need to decide which jobs to take and which not to..picking the wrong one can be detrimental...

Have you ever stopped and thought that theres more to life than GNI and the ££$$?

Expand your mind a bit.

I think you're entirely missing the point.

I'm well aware that there's more to life than money, but that doesn't alter the fact that in the course of having a job and having responsibility within that job, someone has to make decisions that impact the bottom line for the company, and that therefore as far as the job they are doing and the company they work for those decisions are important.

If you don't believe that anybody in a company makes any decisions that have import then I'd guess that you either don't work or you work but have no responsibility.

It seems ridiculous to me this, I mean this talk of "responsibilies" and "grasping the nettle", any one would think we were talking about something really important or life and death

This is the fundamental statement that I just don't understand. How can you believe that nothing other than life and death is a decision with responsibility.

It depends what you are talking about, like I said, the military, hospitals and the government etc are where the real and important responsibilities lie, but most of us are trapped in the private sector which mostly provides descretionary, non essential things which are not really important in the grand scheme of things, The stress and pressure, "important decisions" and "responsibilities" comes from the capital class chasing the ££££££££.

So in your magical world then you are really saying that you would be happy for any moron to take control of a massive retail group like say, ASDA.

Some uneducated persons on a penuts wage are supposed to take control and responsibility of millions of pounds worth of assets, stock, property, land, legal responsibility, safety regulation, recruitment and welfare of employees, marketing, development, investment...... ........ ......

Not every decision in the world is life or death but it doesn't make it any less important. :loopy:

Some of these top managemnet people might appear to get an obscene salary but when it all hits the fan its their responsibility. They are the ones would could face prosecution, fines or debt. If you are a company director YOUR personal assets can be part of a debt if it all goes wrong. You still dont think they should be paid a good wage?

Edited by ECCOnoob

Don't forget all the extra benefits too. The lady in the Star tonight who wants to get her dog back is an example. If you're on benefits you get settees taken away, dogs back from the warden, rat control for free - but even if you are a dire wage, you still have to pay extra through the nose for all of these. The worth of all these fees needs to be calculated also.

Don't forget all the extra benefits too. The lady in the Star tonight who wants to get her dog back is an example. If you're on benefits you get settees taken away, dogs back from the warden, rat control for free - but even if you are a dire wage, you still have to pay extra through the nose for all of these. The worth of all these fees needs to be calculated also.

It's a bit silly putting lots of Civil Servants on the dole isn't it when it will cost the government more than employing them?

Can I just say... People claiming HB get the fees from the dog pound reduced a bit, but not by much, they don't get it free as stated in that article :)