Advice needed with potential speeding fine.

It can only be a money-making camera if a lot of people break the law there. Otherwise it's a money-losing camera.

OK, I got booked years ago for doing 38 in a 30, no problem. However my son's two mates, Matt and Adam were killed some 13 years ago on Hathersage Road (note shrine outside the HSBC sports ground exit). No money to be made out of dead kids, you are talking crap, I bet you would be singing from a different song sheet if it was one of yours.

I would feel a lot better about speed cameras if they were positioned to save lives, rather than to make money. That one below Ecclesall Church is a prime example of a money making camera.

OK, I got booked years ago for doing 38 in a 30, no problem. However my son's two mates, Matt and Adam were killed some 13 years ago on Hathersage Road (note shrine outside the HSBC sports ground exit). No money to be made out of dead kids, you are talking crap, I bet you would be singing from a different song sheet if it was one of yours.

What are you talking about?

I would feel a lot better about speed cameras if they were positioned to save lives, rather than to make money. That one below Ecclesall Church is a prime example of a money making camera.

Money-making if drivers miss the change from 40 to 30 before Knowle Lane/ Millhouses/Woodholme (REALLY lousy junction - have you tried turning, emerging, crossing on foot?) then ignore actual and potential hazards posed by junctions, parked cars, shops, church, library, more junctions, bus stops, pedestrian crossings or islands where they cross and THEN miss the camera.

But those that are flashed will, perhaps, still tell you they are "driving to the conditions".

Thank you all for your contributions.

Im hopeful that should i get a fine ill have a reasonable enough case to be about to avoid the points. Lets just hope i get a compassionate judge :)

I'm fine with the words, they just don't seem to make any sense.

So maybe you could humour me and just try and explain what you're talking about?

I'm fine with the words, they just don't seem to make any sense.

So maybe you could humour me and just try and explain what you're talking about?

OK, the majority of speed cameras are positioned in high density traffic locations, where accidents rarely happen, they catch the 35 in a 30 brigade.

Matt and Adam were killed on the part of Hathersage Road situated between Limb Lane and the HSBC club exit, this is where most of the fatalities have occurred. Whereas the speed camera is positioned between Ash House Lane and Cross Lane, where to my recollection, no fatalities have occurred.

OK, the majority of speed cameras are positioned in high density traffic locations, where accidents rarely happen, they catch the 35 in a 30 brigade.

Matt and Adam were killed on the part of Hathersage Road situated between Limb Lane and the HSBC club exit, this is where most of the fatalities have occurred. Whereas the speed camera is positioned between Ash House Lane and Cross Lane, where to my recollection, no fatalities have occurred.

My Bold

That being the case, as DT Ralge said

Money-making if drivers miss the change from 40 to 30 before Knowle Lane/ Millhouses/Woodholme (REALLY lousy junction - have you tried turning, emerging, crossing on foot?) then ignore actual and potential hazards posed by junctions, parked cars, shops, church, library, more junctions, bus stops, pedestrian crossings or islands where they cross and THEN miss the camera.

But those that are flashed will, perhaps, still tell you they are "driving to the conditions".

The cameras wouldn't make a penny if the 35mph brigade (nearer 40mph via the speedo) lifted the right foot just a little.

I'm unaware of the circumstances surrounding the death of Matt and Adam. I'm guessing that excess speed was involved, hence your avocation of a speed camera at that particular site.

Have you petitioned the police to get a camera installed?

My Bold

That being the case, as DT Ralge said

The cameras wouldn't make a penny if the 35mph brigade (nearer 40mph via the speedo) lifted the right foot just a little.

I'm unaware of the circumstances surrounding the death of Matt and Adam. I'm guessing that excess speed was involved, hence your avocation of a speed camera at that particular site.

Have you petitioned the police to get a camera installed?

I think that if you saw it you would understand, the police appear to think that they need to slow drivers down as they pass Long Line travelling towards SCC. They also appear to think that the position of the camera will stop folk speeding past the Dore Moor and Tigers.

Matt and Adam were racing one of their mates, they were nowhere near the camera when the car crashed into HSBC'S wall. That's 5 folk killed in the same place, one was a professional rally driver, the golf pro (Patrick) from Sickleholme lost both of his daughters in a pile up closer to Fox House, so that's 7 on the same run.

I think that if you saw it you would understand, the police appear to think that they need to slow drivers down as they pass Long Line travelling towards SCC. They also appear to think that the position of the camera will stop folk speeding past the Dore Moor and Tigers.

Matt and Adam were racing one of their mates, they were nowhere near the camera when the car crashed into HSBC'S wall. That's 5 folk killed in the same place, one was a professional rally driver, the golf pro (Patrick) from Sickleholme lost both of his daughters in a pile up closer to Fox House, so that's 7 on the same run.

So have you petitioned the police for a camera at that site?

Archived