Advice needed with potential speeding fine.

So have you petitioned the police for a camera at that site?

In fairness should he have to?

It may be a good idea now its been mentioned but surely the police will already know the stats and so you would think common sense would lead them to place a camera there.

Mitigating circumstances aside whats the likelyhood of a speed camera flash not resulting in a ticket and points.

Am i right in thinking if you are flashed you are definatly going to get something unpleasent through the post?

:)

OH YES, unless they were flashing at a woman streaker.

Do the Speed Awareness course, costs the same as the fine but no points on your license.

Met a woman who had no idea about road signs but knew a little about slow signs and how to get what you want in a " round about way ":love:

So have you petitioned the police for a camera at that site?

It actually needs a police presence in a squad car, along with an agreement that South Yorkshire and Debyshire police can cross patrol. If the useless buggers can't see that there's a problem, what use would a petition be?

OH YES, unless they were flashing at a woman streaker.

Do the Speed Awareness course, costs the same as the fine but no points on your license.

Met a woman who had no idea about road signs but knew a little about slow signs and how to get what you want in a " round about way ":love:

:) I was going to suggest that. :)

Thats where the camera is sited.

There was no camera there when the fatalities occurred.

The 2 sisters who were killed were driving a car with a under inflated tyre and couldn't control the car when it slid on a bend. I think they hit another car.

Its not the road or the speed limit thats at fault, sadly its driver error.

I sympathise with all involved but a kneejerk reaction in these situations is to call for a lower speed limit. Do you think that would have saved any of those mentioned? A lot of (young) drivers drive at a speed which they think they are capable of. This is, in lots of cases, way beyond their abilities.

I was the same at their age (late teens early 20s) but I only had a small spin into the verge thankfully. Some of my friends had muuch worse accidents and are lucky to be alive.

Unless there is a sustained and widespread programme of driver training for young drivers after they pass their test things will not change.

In fairness should he have to?

It may be a good idea now its been mentioned but surely the police will already know the stats and so you would think common sense would lead them to place a camera there.

It actually needs a police presence in a squad car, along with an agreement that South Yorkshire and Debyshire police can cross patrol. If the useless buggers can't see that there's a problem, what use would a petition be?

Good to see the advocating of cameras for safety reasons, so many users of this forum think otherwise.

Until a there's a level of self accountability by drivers on the roads there'll always the need for cameras and other interventions.

If you've been snapped your first letter will be to the owner of the vehicle asking them if they were the driver. Do not ignore as this carries 6 points.

You can ask for a copy of the photograph from the police where it will show you very clearly the vehicle and it's passenger/s, the time and date of the incident.

You say this was an emergency which you will need to prove. Get a copy of your phone calls to show you made a call to the emergency services within the timescale.

You will most likely appear in front of three magistrates and not a judge. Be warned that they hear every story that can be concocted up.

You may be required to pay court costs, plus fine and victim surcharge if your case is not successful.

You may be eligible for the speed awareness course but if you've been offered it in the past you won't. If your points totalled reach 12 you will have to appear to be disqualified although you may be able to prove a hardship case.

The lad may be lucky and they may be no film in the thing or something but I hope he gets a ban.

Then you seem to be a needlesly cruel and spiteful person.

Peace and love to you. :)

Archived