Advice needed with potential speeding fine.

I was caught speeding whilst towing my caravan on the way to Sutton on Sea a few weeks ago. It was a derestricted single carriageway so the limit whilst towing is 50mph. I forgot and thought it was 60 and went past a van, which I had seen, at 58.

Wife got a letter less than 2 weeks later, she is registered keeper, I filled it in saying i was the driver and sent it off last week. Not decided if I will do the course if offered or pay the fine and take the points. I'm on 0 ATM so it shouldn't affect my insurance with 3 points too much.

Does anyone know if Lincolnshire do the speed awareness course?

I was caught speeding whilst towing my caravan on the way to Sutton on Sea a few weeks ago. It was a derestricted single carriageway so the limit whilst towing is 50mph. I forgot and thought it was 60 and went past a van, which I had seen, at 58.

Wife got a letter less than 2 weeks later, she is registered keeper, I filled it in saying i was the driver and sent it off last week. Not decided if I will do the course if offered or pay the fine and take the points. I'm on 0 ATM so it shouldn't affect my insurance with 3 points too much.

Looks like they might do

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/ll-educate-drivers-8211-cash/story-11213282-detail/story.html

If you are offered a speed course you will be given the option of doing it locally.

• 4 weeks later...
Well i still havent had anything through the post:confused:

Is there anyone i can ring to see if im actualy going to get a fine or not?

They have to inform the RK within 14 days..if you are the RK and have not heard anyhting I think you're in the clear...

Archived