Albert Johnson - RIP

Hello.

I'm Mike Dalton from Tasmania, Australia, who recently shared some information about the former Great Britain Olympian (walker), Albert Johnson who lived and competed in Sheffield back in the 50's and 60's, and who lived here in Tasmania.

It is with sadness that I advise that Albert passed away last Friday aged 80, after struggling with illness for a number of years.

He was a great man, a true gentleman, and will be missed by the many people whose lives he touched.

If anyone has a facebook account, there is a tribute page on Facebook, but I am unable to post the link on this forum as I'm only a limited user.

If anyone would like further details, please email me at mikeydalton@optusnet.com.au

There is also a lovely obituary written on the manxathletics.com website

Thank you for the stories you shared with me and "the lads" who trained here with ALbert.

RIP Albert.

Mike

As a former Hallamshire Harrier we all teamed up at Hillsborough Park for training Albert for all him being an international athlete was one of the boys and would help anyone, always smiling and a true gentleman, rest in peace, as they broke the mold when you were born

Archived