JFK.The speech that got him killed ?

On 13/07/2011 at 18:43, MonkeyRocks said:

The fact is that nobody who believed in/fought for the things you mention would get to be president, it would be a non-starter. I do believe that PM's/Presidents are selected quite a long time before they end up in power, not neccesarily by fixing elections just having plenty of "help" along the way both financially and in the media. Having said this it does contradict the fact that JFK was in power but was not wanted by those in actual power, so based on my own views how did he get there?? I don't have answers just questions! :confused: I think nowadays a nice media scandal would be more effective in ousting someone in power than topping them, less hassle you see! As for JFK been shot by some random nutter I don't buy it although I don't claim to have much in depth knowledge of the subject.

As true now as it was when posted 11 years ago . And before the usual objector to old threads start  threads are never finished they can be looked back on and info gained by studying comments from people who contributed  to the forum back then .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

As true now as it was when posted 11 years ago . And before the usual objector to old threads start  threads are never finished they can be looked back on and info gained by studying comments from people who contributed  to the forum back then .

Nothing wrong with old threads, I'm wearing some now.... :D

46 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

@HeHasRisen

This one's your call buddy but I think he means you 🤣

Edited by The_DADDY

Despite the Kennedy brothers failings they were - in my opinion - on the side of the righteous, which resulted in them acquiring some seriously dangerous enemies.

They were hated by racists because of their stance against segregation, hated by the mafia because of their investigation into organised crime, hated by the right wing WASPs because they broke the mold and became the first Irish-American Catholics to gain the Presidency, hated by some of the higher echelons of the American military because they stood up to the generals during the Cuban Crisis in order to prevent nuclear war, hated by J.Edgar Hoover because he apparently hated everybody and disliked  if not hated by many Republicans because of their popularity.

Perhaps they tried to do too much too soon and peed off a lot of people, which provided tremendous cover for whoever it was that assassinated both brothers.

On 25/05/2011 at 11:23, JFKvsNixon said:

Yep, at that time it was generally believed that there was a global communist conspiracy to take over the world.

Now it's 'generally believed' that there's a global Capitalist conspiracy by the Elites to take over the world...

Edited by Anna B