Shock Out Of The Blue

In 1983 we started a self build it took 18 long hard months,we finally moved in out of an old static caravan situated on the site.With the help of my little bro I finished the garden,at the side of the property was a massive field stretching from Queen St. all the way to Ridgeway.On this certain summers day I was catching some rays on one side of the bungalow,my lady wife passed me carreing some washing for the revolving line on the other fieldside lawn.All of a sudden she let out a loud scream,I ran round to her,straight in front of us 50ft in the air heading right at us was a very large hang-glider,it was decending rapidly I was sure it would hit us,it zoomed over the bungalow missing by a few feet,circled back round and landed in the field.This bloke called out[sorry if I scared you but I had to land!].I helped him lift the glider onto our drive.he told me he had taken off at Castelton meaning to reach the East coast ,he said he knew as soon he was over the Moss Valley he wouldn,t make it due to bad thermals!.He went to the local pub until his backup guy turned up and collected the glider.You could say it was a real shock out of the blue!:roll::rolleyes::hihi::hihi:

Archived