Alzheimers - an awful disease

Thanks to Phillyyy for his donation! It is very much appreciated! I also like the name - 'the slimming man'! I may start calling him that! I don't knwo how to change the title of the thread but if one of the mods could change it as Philyyy suggested then that would be great!

I'm sorry to hear the stories of other families affected by this dreadful disease...lets hope there will be a cure one day.

Many thanks again to all who support this charity in whatever way they can.

• 2 weeks later...

Alzheimers must be the cruelest disease for the families,My Grandad suffered early on set Alzheimers he was only sixty when he started showing signs I grew up with a grandad who was very different from all my friends grandad's.he was great fun to be around of course we didnt understand why,but he was about the same age as us mentaly,He lived a very long(98) and happy life and was very heathly physicly My grandma did a great job looking after him untill she had a stroke I then looked after them both very hard work,but lots of rewards,

Alzeimers does not get enough publicity it is still something people choose to ignore either throu fear or ignorance,since my beloved Grandparents have passed away I have worked alot with Alzheimers and because of my Grandad I hope I helped the families aswell

keep up the good work

Archived