Tens pain relief machine

:)Hi.Just wondering if anyone on forum is using/has used one of these machines,and whether they are any good? I'm suffering lower backpain( lumbar region),and am loathed to become dependant on painkillers.Any advice would be most appreciated.Thanks.

:)Hi.Just wondering if anyone on forum is using/has used one of these machines,and whether they are any good? I'm suffering lower backpain( lumbar region),and am loathed to become dependant on painkillers.Any advice would be most appreciated.Thanks.

I used one for a Prolapsed Disc which gave me sciatica, physiotherapy didn’t relieve the pain and the hospital wanted to operate, but a bought a tens unit and it solved the problem, I get pain occasionally now but tens relieves it immediately.

Brilliant.Just what i needed to hear! I shall order one from Ebay right now.Thanks for your replies,and here's to no more pain!:banana::clap::clap:

Don't get to exited it might not be as good for you as it was for me, some people don't respond as well as others, but it is worth a try.

For years I had pain and limited use of my shoulder.

I tried phsyiotherapy(several times), injections, anti inflammatories and pain killers.

I was told it would never improve.

One day I used a Tens machine for 8 minutes and it completely removed the problem and pain.

I know they don't work for everyone but in my case it was amazing.

It doesn't work for everybody, but (as you can see!) some people use it to good effect.

Have you tried physiotherapy? That might help longer term by addressing the cause of the pain rather than just the symptoms. Most places will also have TENS machines that you can have on loan to see if it works for you.

• 1 year later...

I used one during my last labour and I hated it. Once the contraction had subsided if I didn't immediately turn it off it bloody hurt! Will not be using one again. You can hire them from Tesco pharmacy for barely £20 a month I think. Hope your back gets better soon,

Archived