Another war criminal brought to justice

At last, someone must want Serbia in the EU.

Ratko Mladic, wanted for the Srebrenica massacre of Bosnian Muslims, is arrested in Serbia and moves to extradite him to The Hague tribunal begin.

BBC News

Innocent til proven guilty.

This man is no more a criminal than you or I as it stands.

Crimes were committed by both sides, and have been committed for centuries and will continue to be committed.

Just look at a map pre-1914 of the region and the events leading upto the first world war.

The treatment of jews in croatia at the hands of Croat's even shocked the SS.

Innocent til proven guilty.

This man is no more a criminal than you or I as it stands.

Unless you've presided over a massacre of 7,500 civilians then i would say he a lot more of a criminal than you are as it stands. A criminal is a criminal, he's not a convicted criminal yet but just the same as a burglar who has yet tobe convicted is a criminal Mladic is a criminal of a particularly horendous sort.

Unless you've presided over a massacre of 7,500 civilians then i would say he a lot more of a criminal than you are as it stands. A criminal is a criminal, he's not a convicted criminal yet but just the same as a burglar who has yet tobe convicted is a criminal Mladic is a criminal of a particularly horendous sort.

Innocent until proven guilty is for everyone. Who are we to pick and choose who wears the mantle of 'guilty before a trial'?

Innocent until proven guilty is for everyone. Who are we to pick and choose who wears the mantle of 'guilty before a trial'?

Legal innocence is very different from actual innocence. We in the west by and large afford obviously guilty people a trial before punishment(not always - see under what's left of bin Ladins head). However that does not mean that we the public have to wander round pretending the guilty are innocent until the trial. Mladic is guilty as sin and i'm not going to wait for endless well paid clever men to argue over the minutiae of international law to point out that fact.

Legal innocence is very different from actual innocence. We in the west by and large afford obviously guilty people a trial before punishment(not always - see under what's left of bin Ladins head). However that does not mean that we the public have to wander round pretending the guilty are innocent until the trial. Mladic is guilty as sin and i'm not going to wait for endless well paid clever men to argue over the minutiae of international law to point out that fact.

I agree, just as I would say Raoul Moat was a murderer and a criminal.

Archived