Another war criminal brought to justice

Originally Posted by JFKvsNixon View Post

If you witnessed someone committing a crime, would you still consider them innocent if they hadn't been tried?

Absolutely yes.

If you saw them commit a criminal act would you consider them a criminal?

Absolutely yes.

So you have seen with your own eyes them commit a crime which as the witness who will be called to court will be essential in convicting them but despite having witnessed them committing the crime you will consider them innocent until your own testimony convinces a jury they are guilty?

I think not.

You're a troll wasting everyones time and I claim my £5.

So you have seen with your own eyes them commit a crime which as the witness who will be called to court will be essential in convicting them but despite having witnessed them committing the crime you will consider them innocent until your own testimony convinces a jury they are guilty?

It doesn't matter what Gram would consider them to be. They'd be innocent regardless.

It doesn't matter what Gram would consider them to be. They'd be innocent regardless.

I wonder why we remand people in custody - isn't it mainly because we think it would be dangerous for them to be running loose before the trial?

They haven't been convicted and therefore are considered "innocent" in legal terms. Everyone who'd seen them committing crimes or been on the receiving end would consider them criminals - and quite rightly.

Archived