Debt collectors

Does anyone know how many years a debt collector can go back to recover a debt? today i recieved a letter from the 3 mobile phone network claiming i owe them £579 for a phone contract i cancelled in 2006, i never even made a call on it. They say if i dont pay up they will pass the debt on to a company called lowell portfolio ltd, anyone had any dealings with this company?

Does anyone know how many years a debt collector can go back to recover a debt? today i recieved a letter from the 3 mobile phone network claiming i owe them £579 for a phone contract i cancelled in 2006, i never even made a call on it. They say if i dont pay up they will pass the debt on to a company called lowell portfolio ltd, anyone had any dealings with this company?

It is actually illegal to pass it over to a debt collector, as you signed the contract with 3 mobile and not the debt collectors.If they do come knocking this is what i did.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFMQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fezinearticles.com%2F%3FDebt-Collectors-and-the-Law---Know-Your-Rights%26id%3D3231761&ei=jIveTYO4M5C68gPyjvSfCg&usg=AFQjCNFOjz1qm3Y8f_0CqBQODlqTPNd7ew

That company is a joke there want me to pay £600 for a £500 debt i paid back 4years ago i have sent them 3 receipts and there still want me to pay or there are taking me to court

That company is a joke there want me to pay £600 for a £500 debt i paid back 4years ago i have sent them 3 receipts and there still want me to pay or there are taking me to court

Sit back and let them take you to court,if you have receipts they will be laughed out.

Archived