When is an alternator working at it's most efficient. ?

Shouldn't matter as it's got a voltage regulator (Den)

Thanks for that.

I did mean to add to the OP "or is it constant regardless" but i rushed the question as he's sat here gloating at me waiting for me to be proved wrong.

Shouldn't matter as it's got a voltage regulator (Den)

That is what i believed

Older cars with Dynamo's worked better IMO.

No, just no! when was the last time you drove a dynamo equipped car at night in the rain? Alternator conversion is on my to do list

That is what i believed

No, just no! when was the last time you drove a dynamo equipped car at night in the rain? Alternator conversion is on my to do list

Yeah! It works better due to the rain. It speeds the dyno thing up. Any decent joiner will tell you that :huh:

Charging the vehicles battery. ?

I've always been of the opinion it's at low revs in a hi gear, my mate reckons the opposite, low gear and high revs.

Could an auto electrician clear this up for me please.

Cheers.

I would imagine that the battery charges while the engine is asleep like a person or a human. My cars get a good nights rest in the garage and always start up first time in the morning. Cars are very similar to people.

Charging the vehicles battery. ?

I've always been of the opinion it's at low revs in a hi gear, my mate reckons the opposite, low gear and high revs.

Could an auto electrician clear this up for me please.

Cheers.

Alternators generate more power at higher engine speeds - it doesnt matter about the roadspeed.

Archived