When is an alternator working at it's most efficient. ?

alternator wires can catch fire. I had that when I had to come back from Scotland last week. It might have seemed like just a flat battery but it turned out to be just wire that needed replacing. It most me 45 quid. Better than catching fire at 80mph on the M1.

alternator wires can catch fire. I had that when I had to come back from Scotland last week. It might have seemed like just a flat battery but it turned out to be just wire that needed replacing. It most me 45 quid. Better than catching fire at 80mph on the M1.

No way! 45 notes for a wire.

I know what the alternator does, trust me, take out the battery and the alternator won't work so the battery must power the alternator.

As I said I think you are confused about what it does and how it does it. An alternator will not usually require a battery to generate power as there will be sufficient residual magnetisation on the rotor to excite the coils.

I know what the alternator does, trust me, take out the battery and the alternator won't work so the battery must power the alternator.

You can bump start a car with a flat battery. No matter how much power is in the battery, if the alternator has gone, you won't start it.

You can bump start a car with a flat battery. No matter how much power is in the battery, if the alternator has gone, you won't start it.

But, what will happen if the battery flat, and the dyno thing bust? Bumping it will only end in a crash, and bigger insurance things.

Archived