Tories are losing touch with reality on NHS bill

I agree, but is delivering it for profit the best way to improve the service?

Maybe not. But however they do it there is obviously a real need for a culture change within some areas of the NHS. I don't see how anyone could disagree with that after some of the real issues that have been raised.

Maybe not. But however they do it there is obviously a real need for a culture change within some areas of the NHS. I don't see how anyone could disagree with that after some of the real issues that have been raised.

Again, I agree with you, but I'm not sure that the shortfalls and concerns identified in the latest CQC report mentioned earlier, for example, would be addressed by staff working for profit-motivated companies and their shareholders

In what way do you think that privatisation will resolve the problems identified in the Daily Mail article you linked to?

In short, competition between providers. Would you put your elderly relatives in a place of care knowing that the standards were low, and that another just a few miles away gave a better standard of care?

In short, competition between providers. Would you put your elderly relatives in a place of care knowing that the standards were low, and that another just a few miles away gave a better standard of care?

But privatisation doesn't resolve the issue of differing standards - the elderly residential care/nursing care industry is evidence of that

But competition does. If people have the choice of a better nursing home elsewhere, they won't go to a bad one.

No that is not true, because it'll all come down to money. The rich can afford the best and the poor will not have any choice.

Typical Tories!

http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/blog/press-release-nhs-direct-action-and-uk-uncut-target-think-tank-lobbying-for-nhs-privatisation

Just remember what it's all about - A chance to make big profits.

The only people that have said that is the lefter leaning parts of the media.

That aside, what is wrong with profit? Let's be straight here, the NHS is already largely made up of private suppliers and contractors, all of whom have to make a profit. Profit is good. Profit allows the NHS (with all its many failings and good points) to be free at the point of delivery. Profit drives competition and efficiency. Profit drives development and progress. Profit pays for your operations.

Once you have freed your mind from the silly idea that profit is bad then you can set to imagining how you can use that to develop a better and more efficient service.

If you want to stick to the utterly nonsensical ideology of Lala Land economics then you will watch the NHS die as it gradually runs out of money over the next 40 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13568175

Some Tories are now clearly begining to loose the plot in their zeal to turn the NHS into a cash cow.

By talking about 'drawing lines in the sand' and 'issues we won't budge on' they seem to have lost sight of the basic fact that -without LibDem support - no amount of barking and gibbering is going to get their NHS bill through parliament.

There as to be a limit on what they will change or there would be no point in getting their bill through parliament, because it wouldn’t be their bill if they change everything.

Each party can only compromise so far to appease the other, there is a line I am sure that neither party will cross to accommodate the other.

There as to be a limit on what they will change or there would be no point in getting their bill through parliament, because it wouldn’t be their bill if they change everything.

Each party can only compromise so far to appease the other, there is a line I am sure that neither party will cross to accommodate the other.

Exactly. If the LibDems refuse to back the sections in question, the options will be to change them, or to scrap the bill altogether. The tories are using the language of a party which has a mandate and a majority, when in fact, they have neither.

In North Cheshire when people need treatment and it gets referred, they all hope and pray the get referred to the BUPA hospital rather than Warrington.

BUPA have been letting the NHS use their hospitals and services for a number of years now.

Archived