RE teacher Gary Smith's Muslim attackers jailed

I haven't seen any condemnation from moderate Muslims regarding this. I would think that a large number of them are tacitly in favour of it, or at least not prepared to condemn it without caveat.

Stop talking bull, they did wrong and are paying the price. Muslims don't bother condeming on here because it always gets twisted and some people start voicing their bigoted views and the thread gets shut down.

they were only caught because MI5 was bugging them as terror suspects.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8538804/Men-who-beat-up-RE-teacher-were-terrorist-suspects.html

also the only connection any of them had was that one of them's nieces was getting taught at the school. Very tenuous. It's only a short step from that for them to just target any non-Muslim RE teacher. These guys are terrorists. You don't have to walk around wearing a suicide belt to qualify.

No, it just can't be that, there is no religiously inspired terrorism! It's always about land, or so I'm told. :rolleyes:

Stop talking bull, they did wrong and are paying the price. Muslims don't bother condeming on here because it always gets twisted and some people start voicing their bigoted views and the thread gets shut down.

In my experience its usually not quite like that.

For sure threadsget closed down but it seems its mostly when its npt going islams/muslims way. There are the usual cries of 'racist!!!' and 'biggot!!!!' directed at people who are only trying to share a thought or opinion with their fellow man :(

it ISNT?

**** me ive just gone into some strange other dimension

i swear you lot will argue black is white for the sake of it

Its not that ,its just that at last your true colours emerge A troll is a troll is a troll..you opened the thread to get a reaction and then sat back and waited for the attack on the four as muslims,you knew it was going to happen and youb would like to present yourself as a "goody goody look at me" well you got your wish how many brownie points have you awarded yourself.

Its not that ,its just that at last your true colours emerge A troll is a troll is a troll..you opened the thread to get a reaction and then sat back and waited for the attack on the four as muslims,you knew it was going to happen and youb would like to present yourself as a "goody goody look at me" well you got your wish how many brownie points have you awarded yourself.

wrong on all counts im afraid

im against extremist muslims always have been.

i noticed a story i thought we'd all agree on for once

i was wrong

The sad thing is not one post mentions how the attack has affected the man who was attacked. I'm usually very moderate in my views, but reading about the effect this has had on a guy just doing his job, has really sickened me. It has changed his life.

I'm quite pleased with the sentencing. Did someone actually have to utter the words 'hate crime' for most of us to understand thats what it was? The judge's comments and sentencing reflects the seriousness - as long as the two considered ringleaders (with the indeterminate terms) don't get out for a very long time.

Gary Smith was delivering a curriculum of religious education. Anyone, man or woman could have been in this position, purely because of their job. If our education system - which has been developed to accept pupils from all sorts of religious and ethnic backgrounds doesn't suit some people then they need to find their own alternative. Whatever and wherever that may be.

Archived