Amateur Dramatics.. Looking to join!

CathS

Does anyone know if there are any groups in Sheffield looking for new members?

Ive never tried it before but think i'd be quite good at it, I can also sing a little.

Thanks

Any professional football player in the oppositions penalty area should be able to tell you which group they belong to...

Seriously, good luck and enjoy!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im looking to join an amateur dramatics group, the last one I auditioned for was midland players a while ago and was offered lead but could commit to the time required.... but now i'm in a position where I have more time on my hands..

Im up for anything im needed for, stage management, directing, acting, audio.. or whatever!

so, if anyone knows of anywhere looking for additional members! lemme know! :)

Edited by Ghozer

Im looking to join an amateur dramatics group, the last one i auditioned for was midland players a while ago and was offered lead but could commit to the time required....

Im up for anything.Im needed for, stage management, directing, acting, audio.. or whatever!

so, if anyone knows of anywhere looking for additional members! lemme know! :)

The Crucible are actually starting an amateur dramatics group, so I am guessing that all other groups (and there are lots) will be desperate for members. You can get a list from the library.

The best companies at the moment are DGP at the Lantern Theatre, Tudor Players (but they are are the Library theatre, which is a horrible 'theatre') The Company, and SUDS at the Drama Studio. I wouldn't stray outside of those four, to be honest, as you will find the standard to be a bit hit and miss.

However, most groups require quite a bit of commitment time-wise.

Try Apex Players.

From the link:

Information for New Members

YOUR THEATRE GROUP NEEDS YOU!!

Want to become a new member? Want to meet new people? Apex Players are always on the lookout for new members. Whether you like to act or work backstage, or try your hand at directing, we are the group for you. We produce two productions a year and meet once a week at The Cross Scythes pub on Derbyshire Lane in Woodseats in Sheffield. We are a friendly group and if you wish to pop along for a visit, that's fine. Just drop us a line if you want to come along or want further details.

Email us

Edited by Suffragette1

I think you will find that all drama groups will be only too pleased to have you join! My group is F.A.T.S. (Frecheville Amateur Theatrical Society), based at Frecheville (S12). We also are a small group (at the moment), and have been on the go since 1980. We meet Tuesday evenings, and put on 2 plays per year, normally comedies. Tonight is the last night of our current production, "Key for Two". If you want to come see us in action, its at Frecheville Community Centre at 7.30pm. :)

Google the Manor Operatic Society, they're based in Rotherham but they do regular shows at the City Hall in Town including the annual Panto (which is often better than the pro Panto at the Lyceum)