Ebay..is it just me?

but when i list an item,has a few watches item ends no bids,then folk think they can message me and offer less than half start price?? wft??

had one yesterday the item was at £10 start bid,sold for £22,22p then the winning bidder messaged me saying he had bidded on 2 items and dint want mine

so i offered a second chance bid to the next person at £21.05p as that was his bid only to get a message saying he only wanted to pay £10??

but he could collect today??? i dont think so pal,what a cheek.

just about had enough

rant over:)

had one yesterday the item was at £10 start bid,sold for £22,22p then the winning bidder messaged me saying he had bidded on 2 items and dint want mine
That winning bidder is under a binding contract to buy your item at £22,22p.

He/she could have withdrawn his/her bid before the close of auction instead, but obviously didn't.

He/she should be reported as a non-paying bidder. End of.

so i offered a second chance bid to the next person at £21.05p as that was his bid only to get a message saying he only wanted to pay £10??
And that is entirely fair, since that second-chance bidder is under no obligation what-so-ever (no binding contract, since he/she didn't win the auction) to buy your item at your asking price or his/her highest bid.

It pays to read up on the site rules. Contrary to punters' growing belief, eBay is still not an e-shop à la Amazon, where auctions-only (or auctions with optional B-I-N) are concerned. Distance selling regs don't apply to second-hand items (private sales) on eBay, anymore than they apply to private sales on here.

So your lesson of the day is: next time, don't be so nice :twisted:

Buyers have started spouting all these 'distance selling regulations' (which generally apply to most brand new buy it now items, and cover the fact you must be able to return, or cancel purchase, within 7 days of purchasing, usually covering online shops) and now they all think they can just decide not to pay, and you have to cancel the transaction.

but when i list an item,has a few watches item ends no bids,then folk think they can message me and offer less than half start price?? wft??

just about had enough

Just report them as non-paying, readvertise as due to timewaster:D

Just report them as non-paying, readvertise as due to timewaster:D

Yep, report and get your fees back (which you end up paying twice if you give 2nd chance offers)

Also add any time wasters and foolish question asking idiots to your blocked bidder list (if private sellers can do so, I believe you can)

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

just about had enough

You are always getting worked up about ebay so its best to stop using it and reduce the stress levels :)

Archived