Welcome Finance

has anyone had a loan with welcome finance for a car?

We took a loan out with them in 2008 for a bigger family car, and it was the worst thing I ever did. They have added charges onto the loan for phone calls and letters that I have never recieved and then because i missed 1 payment they contacted me demanding the full outstanding balance within a week and said that I they didnt get it then they would come and take the car back. They gave me a settlement figure of £2164.11 and at that time my husband had just had bad news at work and had been put on short hours while the firm he worked for got back on its feet and it was aslo just before christmas so we used the very last of our savings to pay them but we only had £2000. Welcome Finance snatched my hand off to get this money which left the balance of £164.11. I told them i wasnt sure when i would be able to pay the rest and they said that's fine and they would not put interest on it. Now I have recieved a letter from a dedt collection agency saying they are trying to recover £301 for them. I have reported them to the omnibusmen!:confused: HELP!!

My ex was paying £400 per month, over 4 years, for a £6000 car...He had payment protection, but when he lost his job, they wouldn't honour the PPI (car from CarCraft)

He decided to stop paying, and tell them to come and take the car, which they refused to do, as it would 'have to be left outside the Darnall office, and its unsafe'

So it sat there on the drive....

He then went to S6 motors, and got a 2nd car on finance, for £150 per month over 3 years (through Car Loan Today)

He had numerous threatening phone calls from Welcome, about how he'd never get another car (until he said, Foff, I've already got one)... and they promptly came and collected the car.

has anyone had a loan with welcome finance for a car?

We took a loan out with them in 2008 for a bigger family car, and it was the worst thing I ever did. They have added charges onto the loan for phone calls and letters that I have never recieved and then because i missed 1 payment they contacted me demanding the full outstanding balance within a week and said that I they didnt get it then they would come and take the car back. They gave me a settlement figure of £2164.11 and at that time my husband had just had bad news at work and had been put on short hours while the firm he worked for got back on its feet and it was aslo just before christmas so we used the very last of our savings to pay them but we only had £2000. Welcome Finance snatched my hand off to get this money which left the balance of £164.11. I told them i wasnt sure when i would be able to pay the rest and they said that's fine and they would not put interest on it. Now I have recieved a letter from a dedt collection agency saying they are trying to recover £301 for them. I have reported them to the omnibusmen!:confused: HELP!!

I think that should be ombudsman - Sheffield Omnibusmen drive stagecoach buses

Archived