Emma Bennett Grimesthorpe

Hello, I hope I'm posting in the right place and doing this right as I'm quite new to this. I would really appreciate any information about Emma Bennett, born I think may be in or near Grimesthorpe in 1907. I think her family lived on Upwell Street for some time. Thanks ever so much for any information. She was my grandmother and I am very interested in finding out about her and possibly the rest of my family from back then, thanks

This is her in the birth register I assume, the best thing to do if you want to find her family is either look her up on the 1911 census or send for her birth certificate using the numbers here (online) or go to the Registry office in Sheffield.:)

Births Sep 1907

BENNETT Emma Sheffield 9c 657

Apologies if this would have been better in the Grimesthorpe thread. I was reading it yesterday, then couldn't find it when I came to post today!

Go to history and ex pats,then (anyone come from grimesthorpe) thread.

May have more luck on there.:thumbsup:

So, I have a Grimesthorpe question.

I have a silver engraved trowel that was presented to Martha Mary Johnson and used to lay the memorial stone of the Primitive Methodist Chapel in Grimesthorpe on March 1st 1870.

Does anyone know if this chapel is still there?

It a wonderful thing and I thought about taking it back to the chapel.

I have a silver engraved trowel that was presented to Martha Mary Johnson and used to lay the memorial stone of the Primitive Methodist Chapel in Grimesthorpe on March 1st 1870.

I dont think thats possible?

Hello. I think you would be better putting this post on the Grimesthorpe thread. Welcome to the Sheffield Forum. I belonged for many years to a Methodist Church at Grimesthorpe. demolished in the 70's I think. I'm not sure if it started life as a Primitive Methodist, but I may be able to find out.

Best Wishes CR

Apologies if this would have been better in the Grimesthorpe thread. I was reading it yesterday, then couldn't find it when I came to post today!

Hello. You may get more replies if you do put this on the Grimey thread as well, as everyone is or was connected with Grimesthorpe.

Archived