Child friendly pubs with good food

Norton1

• 1 year later...
Can anyone recommend pub in the Sheffield or peak district area that does good food, is child friendly and possibly has a play area? Thanks.

Friends are Bamford based, we're Millhouses, so looking for a pub on Saturday, I guess Peak District located, which will cater for us, in particular about 4 reasaonble behaved toddlers, ie need a bit of outdoor space! Good food is mandatory, don't want a crap meal just to please the kids, life is too short!

Thinking of the Cricket Inn @ Totley, think it may tick those boxes?

The Travellers Rest at Brough, between Bamford and Hope, ticks all the boxes. Freshly cooked food (not pre-packed) and a lovely outside area for the kids. I believe they have their own vegetable garden on-site, and their meat comes from the surrounding fields wherever possible. Hope this helps

The Broadfield on Abbeydale Road is uber-child-friendly (which can be good for parents and relatives, not so great for a quiet pint), though not sure it has a play area.

The Cross Scythes on Derbyshire Lane has child-friendly credentials, specifically a play area, though I'm not sure what the food's like or whether they have a full menu (check their website).

The Fox House, out in the Peaks, is a bland restaurant/pub thing, but has amazing views and plenty of space to play.

Friends are Bamford based, we're Millhouses, so looking for a pub on Saturday, I guess Peak District located, which will cater for us, in particular about 4 reasaonble behaved toddlers, ie need a bit of outdoor space! Good food is mandatory, don't want a crap meal just to please the kids, life is too short!

Thinking of the Cricket Inn @ Totley, think it may tick those boxes?

yes it will. You'll find the food a bit pricey but its of a good standard and there's a big field outside where the kids can burn off plenty of energy whilst you dine in peace.

There's loads of options in Derbyshire tbh - another one worth checking out sometime may be the Old Hall at Chinley. You can jump on the train at Dore - get your friends to jump on at Bamford and jump off again a few stops down the line at Chinley and make the short walk to Old Hall. Good food and real ales and a nice garden. Some nice walks too nearby.

Archived