Child friendly pubs with good food

Norton1

...or is it called The Devonshire Arms? Yes, I think it is!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

No you were right first time. It's the Eyre Arms on the crossroads at Calver. And it's not particularly good food there and there's no play area for kids. Apart from that you were spot on!:hihi:

yes it will. You'll find the food a bit pricey but its of a good standard and there's a big field outside where the kids can burn off plenty of energy whilst you dine in peace.

There's loads of options in Derbyshire tbh - another one worth checking out sometime may be the Old Hall at Chinley. You can jump on the train at Dore - get your friends to jump on at Bamford and jump off again a few stops down the line at Chinley and make the short walk to Old Hall. Good food and real ales and a nice garden. Some nice walks too nearby.

That a lot of jumping going on :)

At Cross Scythes there is a little artificial turf area where kids can run around. They also have a good selection of games and toys like giant jenga, etc. Food is chips and sandwiches, basically.

Cricket Inn is great if the weather is good.

No you were right first time. It's the Eyre Arms on the crossroads at Calver. And it's not particularly good food there and there's no play area for kids. Apart from that you were spot on!:hihi:

Okay.

It certainly used to have children's facilities, inside and out, but I guess that could be a few years since. The 'rear' room had a kids' play-centre (slides and ball pits) where their parents could keep an eye on them.

Regarding the food, your comments surprise me. My wife and I had lunch there a couple of months back (we actually sat outside) and the food was very good (a ploughman's lunch in my case).

Oh dear!

I don't know the Maltby one - but Shepley Spitfire and good food? Are you sure about that?

My post regarding Shepley Spitfire was 18 months ago. I agree the quality has gone down since the landlord/lady moved up to Crookes. As far as Greene King/chain pubs go, the food was of decent enough quality.

We are really missing a place in Sheffield that serves good quality fresh food and also somewhere you can entertain the kids. If someone could provide such a place, it would be an absolute goldmine.

Archived