First time Grandparents.

I gave all respecting grandparents the choice, my husbands mum already had grandchildren and went by nannan or nanny, so my mum, who was a first time grandparent opted for grandma. Theres only my dad around so he automatically became grandad.

We are soon to become grandparents so what should the little one call us?

Nan , Gran, Grandma

Grandad, grandpa, pop, pa

What common terms are used these days, before any comic says it yes I know we will be known as “ Bank of Nan and Grandad”

Ahh grandchildren.. ;) Life's reward for not strangling your teenagers...

If it bothers you tell your children what you want to be called as as that's where they will learn it from. We called our grandparents (mothers side) Nan(a) and Grandpa, and (fathers) Grandma and Grandad, which was my parents way of making sure they knew which grandparental figure was being referred to!

My boyfriends mum wanted to be called gran.

And grandad think was just decided so she called them ga and ga ga to start with.

My daughter said nannan Really well first ( my mom) think it is easier for little ones to pronounce.

Congratulations x

Ahh grandchildren.. ;) Life's reward for not strangling your teenagers...

If it bothers you tell your children what you want to be called as as that's where they will learn it from. We called our grandparents (mothers side) Nan(a) and Grandpa, and (fathers) Grandma and Grandad, which was my parents way of making sure they knew which grandparental figure was being referred to!

It doesn’t bother me its just that its all going to be new, I will be 51 by the time I hear the words Grandad, I just thought I would get used to the sound of it.

Talking about telling the difference between grandparents, when our kids were small they used to refer to nan–nan budgie and nan-nan in the big house. :hihi: …….. one had a pet budgie and the other lived in a residential home.

We are soon to become grandparents so what should the little one call us?

Nan , Gran, Grandma

Grandad, grandpa, pop, pa

What common terms are used these days, before any comic says it yes I know we will be known as “ Bank of Nan and Grandad”

I'm called Grampy and sometimes Grumpy.:D

I think that’s what the wife will go for and I will probably end up as Grandad, I just wondered if any trendy terms had crept in ……. Can you have trendy grandparents? :huh:

Only from the point of view of adults, sadly never from the point of view if children :hihi:

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Malky, I bet that you are excited, do you know if its a boy or girl yet?

In this family we have Nanan followed by the first name of the Nanan as we seem to have an unusual amount of them for some reason :hihi: the Grandads are likewise addressed.

I am granny my husband is grandpa and my parents are GG ( great gran ) and pops but we are hoping he will come up with his own names when he can talk.

Congratulaions as a granny of 5 months standing I really need to tell you that it is the most amazing thing in the whole world and much better than being a parent and I don't mean cos you can give 'em back just that you are not stressed and can devote all your time to them when you see them.

Archived