First time Grandparents.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Malky, I can't wait to have grandchildren but my two kids have said "Don't even think about it for at least another ten years" so I'm not holding my breath lol. It will be interesting if and when that great day comes to sort out what we will be called. Because my husband is Chinese there will be a whole extra choice of names beyond the usual. If its your sons child you are called Yin Yin (for Grandma) and Yeh Yeh ( for Grandad.) On the other hand , if its your daughters child , the choice is Gung Gung ( Grandad) and Paw Paw ( grandma) I think we will have a bit of both, Nannan for me and whichever one applies for Mr G. Though as I've said , theres going to be a loooooong tie to think about it !!

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Malky, I can't wait to have grandchildren but my two kids have said "Don't even think about it for at least another ten years" so I'm not holding my breath lol. !!

You never know what’s around the corner, One day you might get those immortal words ………...... “Mum we have something to tell you” :D

congratulations, bet you can't wait.

My first grandchild is 5 months old so it will be awhile before I hear what name she chooses but in the meantime I'm grandma (I hate nanan) and hubby will be granddad or grandpa.

We are soon to become grandparents so what should the little one call us?

Nan , Gran, Grandma

Grandad, grandpa, pop, pa

What common terms are used these days, before any comic says it yes I know we will be known as “ Bank of Nan and Grandad”

Congratulations Malky

Mine call my parents Nannan or Nanny P (P is from the surname) and grandpa

Thanks for all the congratulations, I assume I will be a grandad but I think the wife is undecided as to what she would like to be called , I guess it will all be sorted out long before the kid can talk.

My dad liked Grandpa but my mother said no way was she a grandma coz it made her sound old lol.....i did point out she was, to which i got a clout behind the ear :hihi:

Congratulations Malky

Mine call my parents Nannan or Nanny P (P is from the surname) and grandpa

Cheers missy, it could be interesting when it comes to the footy my sons partners family are from hull and are into footy and rugby so it looks like the little one will have plenty of sports gear to wear.

:hihi: love it. How old is she - i.e. how long did you manage to keep up the facade of being the fount of all knowledge?

I'm going to be an auntie this year - it's looking like I'll be the stereotypical spinster aunt... Maybe I should ditch the spinning wheel?! Or will it make me appear wise? :D

I'd never heard nannan before I came to Sheffield, is it a Yorkshire thing?

Nannan is very endearing, not sure if its yorkshire or not but its known as a fond name.

Cheers missy, it could be interesting when it comes to the footy my sons partners family are from hull and are into footy and rugby so it looks like the little one will have plenty of sports gear to wear.

Your welcome hun....when are you due to become proud Grandparents?

First thing I would buy him/her would be a little united kit....start as they mean to go on Malky :D:hihi:

Archived