How to get rid of wasps' nest?

Have you had a look in your loft

That was the first thing I said but my OH said no - they'd have no way of getting in/out. We rarely go in there & as far as I know there would be no gaps for them. It's not boarded so difficult to walk about in, plus insulation laid.

That was the first thing I said but my OH said no - they'd have no way of getting in/out. We rarely go in there & as far as I know there would be no gaps for them. It's not boarded so difficult to walk about in, plus insulation laid.

We had the same problem a few years ago, wasps every where, we didn't know where they was going until one day I went into the loft for something, and it was in there, worth having a look

Wasps only need the smallest of gaps to get into a property. A few years ago I found some building a nest in my loft. They were entering through our gable wall which is 18" thick! Once I'd blocked their entrance with a spot of mortar we didn't have any more trouble. Their nests are spherical and look like they're made of tissue paper.

Since then we've had wasps and bees nesting in our walls, usually under the eaves on the outside of the house and they've never bothered us. The positive fact is that they die off once the cold weather arrives and only the queen hibernates. In subsequent years she will find an alternative nest site.They never use the same one twice.

echo.