How to get rid of wasps' nest?

I have the same problem so thanks for all the info.

They are above my kids bedroom. The entrance to the nest is just above his window.

Dont have any ladders so will call rentokill.

If I get some ladders though, will one of those sprays stop them from coming back next year?

• 3 years later...

Does anyone know how to get rid of a wasps nest what i can't even see??? It's either on my roof, hidden behind a wood bit or in my loft but been in loft and can't actually see it in there. We have seen wasps flying into the roof bit so there must be a nest there. The noise is driving me mad, they don't even shut up at night, lol!!! Is the only solution to call someone in? If so does anyone know of anyone that can do it? Thnks.

Guest sibon
Does anyone know how to get rid of a wasps nest what i can't even see??? It's either on my roof, hidden behind a wood bit or in my loft but been in loft and can't actually see it in there. We have seen wasps flying into the roof bit so there must be a nest there. The noise is driving me mad, they don't even shut up at night, lol!!! Is the only solution to call someone in? If so does anyone know of anyone that can do it? Thnks.

Can you live with them? They do loads of good.

If you really must get rid of the nest, try to see where the wasps go in and out. B+Q will sell you a can of wasp nest foam for about a fiver. Spray it around the entrance and that will be the end of them.

We had one in the wall cavity, they were entering via an air brick right besides the kitchen door, i found it fascinating watching them but over the weeks as the population increased i became concerned, and rightly so as one day the buggers had me as i went outside, i was stung at least a dozen times and though i wanted to leave them be it wasn't an option as i have 4 kids.

I had to destroy them, using an insecticide powder.

As a gardener who knows the benefits of wasps it was a hard decision, but the right one.