Giving kids freedom to develop own sexuality

NOOO! it's so definitely a man's name! Causing damage and mayhem wherever it appears, how much more masculine could a weather front get?? Zephyr might be a girl's name, on the other hand :P

It's not about what it means, it's about the sound of the word, it's just very feminine.

, and a pretentious silly one at that!

I think most folks would be supportive of their children regardless of sexuality, religious views and politics they choose later in life.

At what point does a childs right to choose how they develop get superceeded (sp?) by their parents?

For example a couple in Toronto are avoiding telling anyone the sex of their baby 'Storm' to avoid any stereotyping by other people and so influence on how the child develops due to sexual stereotyping:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13581835

Maybe a step to far in ensuring a child has complete freedom to develop?

this is DISGUSTING!

i have read into this story ,

the parents are exclusively bringing up the two BOYS as girls.

In an e-mail, Ms Witterick wrote that the idea that "the whole world must know what is between the baby's legs is unhealthy, unsafe, and voyeuristic".

I think this says faaaaaaaaaaaaar more about him than anyone else.

this is DISGUSTING!

i have read into this story ,

the parents are exclusively bringing up the two BOYS as girls.

erm.. they aren't bringing up the boys as girls, they have given the boys complete choice of what to wear, how to have their hair, what they pay with etc.. and the boys have long hair, and sometimes wear 'girls' clothes.

there's nothing disgusting about it. it just seems a bit weird to the majority.

Does anyone else feel that if the child turned out to be gay (nothing wrong in that) the parents would celebrate the fact, it would be a dream come true. A lifetime of someone to patronise and teach how hard done by they are. I don't think they'd celebrate if the child was straight though, they'd be slightly disappointed..:suspect::D

Archived