Flashman Cameron spends £680,000 of taxpayers money on Downing Street

Wednesday1, calm down dear, calm down.

To quote the link you posted.

A spokesman said: "This spend relates to the Downing Street Building Modernisation Programme launched in 2006, under the last government, to address structural repairs and the renewal of failing infrastructure, having gone without refurbishment for some 50 years. This work is still ongoing. Downing Street is a Grade I listed building. As such it requires a certain level of maintenance."

I would say for a building like 10 Downing St which we all know is more than just a house. £600K+ to fix whatever needs fixing and to update / refurb it doesn't sound all that bad.

What do you think DC woke up one morning a decided to just splash £600K just like that. Off course we all know your opinion on this matter would have been the total opposite if GB was still shacked up in Downing St.

If GB was 'still shacked up in Downing St' can you just imagine the vilification there would have been in the media when this hit the headlines?????

I can.

If GB was 'still shacked up in Downing St' can you just imagine the vilification there would have been in the media when this hit the headlines?????

I can.

Which in the world of wednesday1 means, if it was labour in at number 10 and with the current downing st refurb working going on, wednesday1 would have kept rather quiet on the subject, with no playground name calling and totally ignoreing the facts.

Which in the world of wednesday1 means, if it was labour in at number 10 and with the current downing st refurb working going on, wednesday1 would have kept rather quiet on the subject, with no playground name calling and totally ignoreing the facts.

Well that's hypothetical isn't it? Smarmy Dave is in No10 and he's spending the taxpayers wonga.

Our 'Tax Payers Alliance' friends seem to be a bit quiet on this!

words can't describe how i feel about this man.he certainly doesn't live in the same world as us.:rant:

This is true. He works for a living and gets a wage rather than being a dole scrounger or in some crappy McJob.

When will people get the idea that old buildings need regular care to keep them intact.

For the usual bunch of thick, brainless cretins without a clue:

Ever since Walpole made it the home of the British leader all those years ago, it's undergone many changes. Most people see the frontage and not a lot else but there is a lot more to the place than most/all on this forum will ever see.

Very much like a recent PM who was as well known for his lies as his smarmy smile, the street was named after an opportunistic git with the moral fibre of an alley cat.

The house, just like Blair's government was built cheaply and had sod all of any real foundations. Unlike Blair, the house gained value in house number if nothing else as it started as No 5.

Just as the government in office at the moment, the number 10 we know is made up of two houses sort of lashed together.

Back to Tony Blair and lies or, in this case, what lies blow the place. people who had an education (ie - not comprehensive schools) will know that Henry VIII build a ruddy great palace called the palace of Westminster. It was ruddy enormous and stretched right to the Themes but was destroyed over many years. The modern palace is nothing compared with Henry's place and that's what is under what we see today.

If you go into the vaults under Whitehall, you'll see exposed sections of the old palace. Quite remarkable to see the massive walls of the long fallen great palace.

These tunnels have been expended to the PM and other high ranking figures may walk around without danger. Of course there is much more in there than I could possible mention on a forum. I'd be happy to tell you in person but I'd have to shoot you.

Seriously, it's an amazing sight and a great pity the vast majority can never see it.

Well that's hypothetical isn't it? Smarmy Dave is in No10 and he's spending the taxpayers wonga.

Our 'Tax Payers Alliance' friends seem to be a bit quiet on this!

how is it hypercritical when the building needs maintenance and the bill of works was organised by labour?

if you think the government would have been able to breach the contract, tell us all how you know this and under what expertise you come to that conclusion.

otherwise, give it a rest as we all know you would have kept your mouth shut if this was bullion brown and his liebore lackeys.

how is it hypercritical when the building needs maintenance and the bill of works was organised by labour?

if you think the government would have been able to breach the contract, tell us all how you know this and under what expertise you come to that conclusion.

otherwise, give it a rest as we all know you would have kept your mouth shut if this was bullion brown and his liebore lackeys.

I see those flashmen at Wentworth Castle have got a grant of 2 million quid to repair the greenhouse.

What about all the other govt. contracts which have been cancelled due to the spending cuts???

Archived