Flashman Cameron spends £680,000 of taxpayers money on Downing Street

What about all the other govt. contracts which have been cancelled due to the spending cuts???

they did "x" so they can do "y" doesn't cut the mustard i'm afraid. what about the two supercarriers that we don't need but are contractually obliged to build because of contracts signed by labour?

just because one contract appears to be scrapped, that doesn't mean all contracts are null and void. I'll ask again; if you think the government would have been able to breach the contract, tell us all how you know this and under what expertise you come to that conclusion.

What about all the other govt. contracts which have been cancelled due to the spending cuts???

Like the ones for schools? The ones where I put forward clear reasons why they needed to be stopped, then you suddenly go quiet and don't respond when presented with the facts from people actually involved?

Like the ones for schools? The ones where I put forward clear reasons why they needed to be stopped, then you suddenly go quiet and don't respond when presented with the facts from people actually involved?

Please provide some evidence that Smarmy Dave has atleast TRIED to cancel the Downing St contracts.

David Cameron has spent £680,000 of taxpayers' cash on Downing Street

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/may/27/david-cameron-taxpayers-home-improvements

All in it together eh??? Nice work if you can get it!

Actually he quite fancied flogging off our gold reserves for £400 a troy ounce, but found out that a one eyed Scottish idiot had beat him to it. However he thought that spending a relatively small amount of public money upgrading a publicly owned historical building, that doubles up as the official home of the prime minister, might be a good idea.

Please provide some evidence that Smarmy Dave has atleast TRIED to cancel the Downing St contracts.

Perhaps if Blair and McBroon had got value for money when they spent it on No. 10 it wouldn't have to have been done again.. ? :)

Why should he? The work needed doing, as has already been posted earlier in this thread.

I repeat an earlier post:

Michael Dugher, a Labour MP who used to work inside Number 10, said he was astonished at the costs.

He said: ‘It is not as though the place was falling down, I am not sure what the money is being spent on.

‘At the same time as they are asking ordinary people to tighten their belts, the Camerons are splashing taxpayers’ cash on doing up their own flat. Meanwhile people in council houses are seeing their repairs cut.’

I repeat an earlier post:

Michael Dugher, a Labour MP who used to work inside Number 10, said he was astonished at the costs.

He said: ‘It is not as though the place was falling down, I am not sure what the money is being spent on.

‘At the same time as they are asking ordinary people to tighten their belts, the Camerons are splashing taxpayers’ cash on doing up their own flat. Meanwhile people in council houses are seeing their repairs cut.’

I wonder how astonished Michael Dugher was at the cost when Labour signed the money off to have the work done.

Archived