American contribution to the world

You mean you didn't see the film? When the Romans did it it was called Vandalism, when the British Empire did it it was called Imperialism when it is pointed out to the US you are called Jealous, Ignorant, Islamic or whatever.

I was joking:hihi::hihi:

American contributions to the world ? Soap operas, Oprah Winsome, Jargon-speak, Rap Music, Chewing gum, brilliant white teeth, hygene-obsession, child-centred education and rearing, American teenagers, ' tick-a-box ' politeness, OTT patriotic films, gormless, brainless advertising and the Health & Safety Culture Unlimited.

No wonder everybody hates 'em.

Yes, We've ONLY JUST finished paying for their 'help'

That "help" was considerable. It was paid for by the American taxpayer, not some millionaires on Wall Street, the same American taxpayers who, a few years before were still recovering from the depression. You benefited from that help paid also by the blood of thousands of American servicemen who came to fight to help you win a war you could not have won without them. If you had won it with soviet help only, you would be speaking Russian today. All of this had to be paid for. America is not nor ever has been a charity. It was never paid for the help it gave you in WW1. It could afford to wait, and in the end gave up asking. In the end you finally paid the bill for WW2. 66 years late.

American contributions to the world ? Soap operas, Oprah Winsome, Jargon-speak, Rap Music, Chewing gum, brilliant white teeth, hygene-obsession, child-centred education and rearing, American teenagers, ' tick-a-box ' politeness, OTT patriotic films, gormless, brainless advertising and the Health & Safety Culture Unlimited.

If those are the only goofy reasons you can come up with then I suggest you go back to your pagoda and cook up a dish of rice and fish heads.

All we get from China is cheap crap that lasts, if lucky, for no more than five years

That "help" was considerable. It was paid for by the American taxpayer, not some millionaires on Wall Street, the same American taxpayers who, a few years before were still recovering from the depression. You benefited from that help paid also by the blood of thousands of American servicemen who came to fight to help you win a war you could not have won without them. If you had won it with soviet help only, you would be speaking Russian today. All of this had to be paid for. America is not nor ever has been a charity. It was never paid for the help it gave you in WW1. It could afford to wait, and in the end gave up asking. In the end you finally paid the bill for WW2. 66 years late.

First of all the US went to war with Germany because Germany declared war on the US. IF Germany had kept quiet I suspect that the war in Europe would have been ignored by the US as they fought in the Pacific. You also raise a very important point how much of the American 'aid' was due to the threat of the Soviets beating the Germans and controlling Europe?

who came to fight to help you win a war you could not have won without them.
so let me get this right, the US didn't fight a war against a dispicable dictatorship because it was the RIGHT thing to do, they did it because the UK needed help? Who cares about the Poles, the French, the Dutch? I wasn't aware that the US army was a mercenary Army, fighting for hire?

the same American taxpayers who, a few years before were still recovering from the depression.

My apologies, I forgot that the depression ONLY affected the US :loopy:

Don't forget 50 years of protection from Soviet expansion provided by NATO which was funded and armed largely by the American taxpayer

Yes, a defence against a threat that never existed. The Russians had always based their invasion plans as a pre-emptive strike against a European invasion. After all it isn't like Russia hasn't been invaded by European countries before is it? Amazing how profitable for US companies the proptection against that illusionary threat proved to be isn't it? All that military equipment sold to European countries! And out of curiousity can you remember WHY the French all but pulled out of NATO?

If those are the only goofy reasons you can come up with then I suggest you go back to your pagoda and cook up a dish of rice and fish heads.

All we get from China is cheap crap that lasts, if lucky, for no more than five years

There you go name calling again! What's up can't think of a good argument can you? Better yet RACIST name calling! Grow up!

Archived