American contribution to the world

who made the Middle East a feudal system with oppressive regimes and lack of justice? Research history and you will find it was Western coloniolism.
For Western Colonialism read Great Britain.

Oh what a surprise! Another America bashing thread.

Why are people responding to Riche? He clearly is either:

a. A troll sat laughing at you all

or

b. A mad racist who we should ignore or section.

either way don't feed him.

America has contributed lots to the world, both good and bad, just the same as every other "developed" country.

I am friends with quite a lot of Americans through my love of poker andquite a lot of them speak better English than the majority of English people and know a lot more about English and world history than most of us do.

Not all Americans are redneck, oakie freaks.

Oh what a surprise! Another America bashing thread.

Why are people responding to Riche? He clearly is either:

a. A troll sat laughing at you all

or

b. A mad racist who we should ignore or section.

either way don't feed him.

America has contributed lots to the world, both good and bad, just the same as every other "developed" country.

I am friends with quite a lot of Americans through my love of poker andquite a lot of them speak better English than the majority of English people and know a lot more about English and world history than most of us do.

Not all Americans are redneck, oakie freaks.

By definition you have now just turned it into English bashing thread. I'm not sure poker defines what the US is about on an intellectual basis.

As for Riche...I guess you should just ignore.

By definition you have now just turned it into English bashing thread. I'm not sure poker defines what the US is about on an intellectual basis.

As for Riche...I guess you should just ignore.

I don't think I have turned it into an English bashing thread, you devils advocaat (yes I know its a drink) you.

My point is that not all yanks are rotten fat tits who have an IQ of 80. I think poker defines the Americans more than a lot of what is being said here. Poker is a game of skill and chance, of gambling and yet at the highest level a game of 70% skill and intelligence and 30% chance. I could expand and bore you rigid about poker being like life but that is WAY off topic.

The americans are no lbetter or worse than the English or any country. I wonder if in 20 years time we will be bashing the Indians and the Chinese when they are more economically dominant than the US?

As for Riche - we agree

I don't think I have turned it into an English bashing thread, you devils advocaat (yes I know its a drink) you.

My point is that not all yanks are rotten fat tits who have an IQ of 80. I think poker defines the Americans more than a lot of what is being said here. Poker is a game of skill and chance, of gambling and yet at the highest level a game of 70% skill and intelligence and 30% chance. I could expand and bore you rigid about poker being like life but that is WAY off topic.

The americans are no lbetter or worse than the English or any country. I wonder if in 20 years time we will be bashing the Indians and the Chinese when they are more economically dominant than the US?

As for Riche - we agree

What I implied was you jumped on the counter American argument. Americans are not intelligent or thick because English are intelligent or thick.

Being skilful and intelligent in poker isn't going to get you far when discussing the political, economic and social history of any nation...is it? Me grandma was a whiz at knitting but when asked about politics she would say..talk to Grandad.

What I implied was you jumped on the counter American argument. Americans are not intelligent or thick because English are intelligent or thick.

Being skilful and intelligent in poker isn't going to get you far when discussing the political, economic and social history of any nation...is it? Me grandma was a whiz at knitting but when asked about politics she would say..talk to Grandad.

The ability to understand pot odds/implied pot odds and the associated calculations to play poker at the top level are not easy and take a decent mind to be able to put this element of the game into practise alongside the other parts of the game, but here again I digress as I tend to.

I was quite aware of what you implied but thank you for making that clear to my simple and feeble mind.

Ok I'll make it simple for you so we don't get side tracked, and as you have repeated more or less what I am saying anyway.

Americans are no more or less wicked/evil/rotten/stupid/wonderful than any other nation.

As has already been said here, the Americans did not wipe out the native Americans, it was Europeans who did the damage.

I am sure Alien, that we at least agree on the fact that America is as good/bad as any other nation.I am glad your Gran bowed to your Grandfathers political wisdom and concentrated on her knitting, it was a wonderful analogy that didn't really fit but I feel closer to you for the story.

The thing about people that bash America is the idiotic assumption that they can lump together 310 million people, living in almost 10 million square km of land, as if they all think and act the same.

The place is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states, and different states can be totally .. well .. different. As different as different countries.

I was once in bar in a southern state, ordering drinks for the wife and me, and the barman (half my age) refused to serve me two drinks because my wife was out of sight and one of the drinks could be for somebody only 20 years old. A woman, sat next to me at the bar, and recognising my English accent, had a blazing row with the barman for his idiocy. She then begged me to not think that all of America was as backward as this state, and how wonderful her state was.

I suspect that the people who blindly bash America actually have more in common with the narrow minded views of some of the people living in the wing-nut states, rather than the enlightened and educated views of many of the people living in the more liberal states.

Edit: I should add that even the wing-nut states are likely to have an oasis of sanity within them. Austin, the capital of Texas comes to mind.

Archived