American contribution to the world

I don't care for any of the British comedies at all, but they have the best detective series, can't beat Prime Suspect or inspector Morse, also the comedy Drama Doc Martins very good, love his receptionist Pauleen :hihi:

I complimented her on her cool, I never suggested she was the ******* Virgin Mary. I guess we've embarrassed her now.

Thank you very much, buck. Goodness, hope I can get my head through the door now...:hihi:

And Virgin Mary, bwah!! That's a good one! Anyway, yes, I am a bit embarrassed. :blush:

British comedies? My favorite was

Also, Monty Python, Black Adder, and The Young Ones. Those last three I watched when I was younger, but they were still funny.

poppins, I loved Prime Suspect. But then I'm a huge Helen Mirren fan.

Many of the American comedies were taken from British ones except the most long running popular ones, like MASH, Cheers, Friends, Sienfeld most still on in re-runs now, and not forgetting the best of the best series , The Carol Burnette show :)

Many of the American comedies were taken from British ones except the most long running popular ones, like MASH, Cheers, Friends, Sienfeld most still on in re-runs now, and not forgetting the best of the best series , The Carol Burnette show :)

I believe that "Cheers" was inspired by "Fawlty Towers"

They changed the format from a hotel to a pub.

I believe that "Cheers" was inspired by "Fawlty Towers"

They changed the format from a hotel to a pub.

There was actually a US version of Fawlty Towers years ago, it was craptastic.

Friends !! Thank you America ... I've never seen such a bigger load of drivel on TV except for maybe Coronation Street

I didn't like friends either (I'm too old) but it didn't stop it being just as big a hit in the UK as the US, so someone was watching it, wasn't me :D

Archived