American contribution to the world

...and finally Bill O'Reilly who is at times the most opinionated annoying person but always informative and interesting, my god I wish we had news and current affairs shows like his.

That's one thing I've couldn't disagree with more strongly, the very worst thing to come out of america is their news media, and Bill O'Reilly personifies all that is bad about it. He bullies guests that do not agree with him, tells bare faced lies, and is a total moron who doesn't understand how tides work ;), and the fact that he dresses up this nonsense in 'spin free zone' or whatever he calls it is just obscene. He's not just opinionated, he is the most biased ridiculous cliche of a right wing nutter there ever was, he's like a televised Daily Mail.

I don't claim to speak for the average British person, however my views of nationalism are not particularly unusual and they are becoming more common the world over.

As for the above comment about 'must be a young'un with a chip on your shoulder', see my current signature, older and wiser people than you or I have despised nationalism too, though I'm not saying 'Einstein said it so it must be true' or anything like that.

You certainly dont speak for the average British person and that's for sure. There are many in Britain who are anti-EU just for the fact alone that they see an increasingly integrated Europe as an eventual loss of British identity and loathe the idea that it's dominated by their old enemies the Germans and the French

That's one thing I've couldn't disagree with more strongly, the very worst thing to come out of america is their news media, and Bill O'Reilly personifies all that is bad about it. He bullies guests that do not agree with him, tells bare faced lies, and is a total moron who doesn't understand how tides work ;), and the fact that he dresses up this nonsense in 'spin free zone' or whatever he calls it is just obscene. He's not just opinionated, he is the most biased ridiculous cliche of a right wing nutter there ever was, he's like a televised Daily Mail.

You dont seem to have a clue about democracy. You and others like you get all wound up and full of hate about people like O'Reilly because he has a different view of politics. I dont like him much either but the answer is simple.

If you dont like his program then JUST DONT WATCH IT.

People like you are basically dictatorial. If it doesn't agree with you then it shouldn't be allowed

You dont seem to have a clue about democracy.
What on earth are you on about?

You and others like you get all wound up and full of hate about people like O'Reilly because he has a different view of politics. I dont like him much either but the answer is simple.

If you dont like his program then JUST DONT WATCH IT.

I don't watch it, I just read about it when he says some of his more outrageous things and have seen some hilarious youtube clips of him being an idiot. And I don't hate him for his views on politics, I hate him for the way he pretends to be 'fair and balanced' when he is nothing of the sort, and the way he presents in such a horrifically biased way, its the hypocrisy that I hate, not his politics.

People like you are basically dictatorial. If it doesn't agree with you then it shouldn't be allowed
Where did I say that? I would never argue that it shouldn't be allowed. You're completely wrong.

Glad you didn't mention I love Lucy. :gag:

Rowan and Martin's Laugh In and the Dean Martin show were pretty good

Phyllis Diller...Red Skelton and Bob Hope all great comics but I doubt they would have appealed to British audiences. Their humour was very American

I agree with the Lucy bit, I never saw anything in that show, dind't like Rowan & Martin either, but the Dean Martin show was very good, mostly unrehearsed that made it so popular, I loved Red Skelton but dind't find Bob hope at all funny, his jokes were too scripted and stale .

What on earth are you on about?

I don't watch it, I just read about it when he says some of his more outrageous things and have seen some hilarious youtube clips of him being an idiot. And I don't hate him for his views on politics, I hate him for the way he pretends to be 'fair and balanced' when he is nothing of the sort, and the way he presents in such a horrifically biased way, its the hypocrisy that I hate, not his politics.

Where did I say that? I would never argue that it shouldn't be allowed. You're completely wrong.

You remind me of my old dad. He used to get all wound up about Malcolm Muggeridge and Gilbert Harding. Hated every thing about them, Muggeridge's way of talking, Harding's bullying on Whats my Line. Bit before your time though.

We used to tell him. "Dont watch em if you dont like em. Ranting and frothing at the mouth will only bang up your BP and cause a heart attack :hihi:

You remind me of my old dad. He used to get all wound up about Malcolm Muggeridge and Gilbert Harding. Hated every thing about them, Muggeridge's way of talking, Harding's bullying on Whats my Line. Bit before your time though.

We used to tell him. "Dont watch em if you dont like em. Ranting and frothing at the mouth will only bang up your BP and cause a heart attack :hihi:

I don't watch it, like I said, If I added up all the time I've spent watching Bill O'Reilly it would add up to about 15 minutes maybe, it's not like I brought him up, but someone else put him forward as an example of a good american contribution to the world, I was only countering someone else.

Also, seriously, what were you on about with the 'You dont seem to have a clue about democracy'

and where did I say anything 'dictatorial'?

I agree with the Lucy bit, I never saw anything in that show, dind't like Rowan & Martin either, but the Dean Martin show was very good, mostly unrehearsed that made it so popular, I loved Red Skelton but dind't find Bob hope at all funny, his jokes were too scripted and stale .

It was Lucy's voice that got me. She sounded like a run over cat.

Very funny you mentioned about Dean Martin's shows being unrehearsed.

On one show he started to sing and jumped nimbly onto the front of a grand piano except that he missed it and took a pratfall instead. He always managed to recover very quickly though, never lost his tempo. That drunk act he always put on was a fake I was told

I saw him, Sinatra, Sammy Davis and Joey Bishop together at the Dunes in Vegas once. They were a funny bunch if you liked their kind of humour which I did

Archived