American contribution to the world

...they see an increasingly integrated Europe as an eventual loss of British identity and loathe the idea that it's dominated by their old enemies the Germans and the French

And that's something that I find incredibly dumb. There are loads of Brits who seem mentally to be still stuck in the 1940's. Get over it and join the 21st century.

The war was decades ago, most people on the continent have put it behind them and just want to get on with their lives in the modern world. Yet even today, I still see and hear comments from Brits who seem to think that Hitler is still in power.

My own brother actually asked my German girlfriend in 1989 (she was 22 at the time) if she had attended the Nuremburg trials! Thick sod! I hope that punch on the nose I gave him for it still hurts.

How many of you still refuse to get in a Volkswagen?

I don't watch it, like I said, If I added up all the time I've spent watching Bill O'Reilly it would add up to about 15 minutes maybe, it's not like I brought him up, but someone else put him forward as an example of a good american contribution to the world, I was only countering someone else.

Also, seriously, what were you on about with the 'You dont seem to have a clue about democracy'

and where did I say anything 'dictatorial'?

I was pointing out that it's senseless to get upset about someone acting the way they do on a media show. We're lucky that we have the likes of O'Reilly around whether you like them or not. The media should never feel that it has to be controlled or conform to set standards of politeness or decorum. If it's largely a circus at times all well and good and that's democracy at it's best.

Those who come on his show fully know what to expect. I dont feel sorry for them whatsoever

Your rants against O'Reilly suggest intolerance. I loathe Rush Limbaugh but I wouldn't waste my breath knocking him. He has a perfect right to his views and his obnoxious rantings

Bill O'Reilly personifies all that is bad about it. He bullies guests that do not agree with him, tells bare faced lies, and is a total moron who doesn't understand how tides work ;), and the fact that he dresses up this nonsense in 'spin free zone' or whatever he calls it is just obscene. He's not just opinionated, he is the most biased ridiculous cliche of a right wing nutter there ever was, he's like a televised Daily Mail.

Of course he biased he is part of the media, if would be very interested to hear of one media outlet that isn't biased.

And that's something that I find incredibly dumb. There are loads of Brits who seem mentally to be still stuck in the 1940's. Get over it and join the 21st century.

The war was decades ago, most people on the continent have put it behind them and just want to get on with their lives in the modern world. Yet even today, I still see and hear comments from Brits who seem to think that Hitler is still in power.

My own brother actually asked my German girlfriend in 1989 (she was 22 at the time) if she had attended the Nuremburg trials! Thick sod! I hope that punch on the nose I gave him for it still hurts.

How many of you still refuse to get in a Volkswagen?

You seem to be talking about very old people if they have a mindset of the 40s. They cant be very many of them around now.

I'm talkng about people aged between 25 and 50 who dont remember the war but despise bureaucrats in Brussels interfering in British laws and making decisions that affect their way of life.

P. S I never liked Volkswagens very much but I drive a Honda and my wife a Toyota Lexus. :D

Of course he biased he is part of the media, if would be very interested to hear of one media outlet that isn't biased.

If you can get MSNBC through Sky try looking in on that sometime. The other side of the coin to O'Reilly

No thank you America can keep that particular network

MSNBC has one good moring show called MORNING JOE, with Joe Scarborough, it's on at 6am in the US, it's a round table discussion with both sides and no bickering.

Archived