American contribution to the world

I don't watch it, like I said, If I added up all the time I've spent watching Bill O'Reilly it would add up to about 15 minutes maybe, it's not like I brought him up, but someone else put him forward as an example of a good american contribution to the world, I was only countering someone else.

Also, seriously, what were you on about with the 'You dont seem to have a clue about democracy'

and where did I say anything 'dictatorial'?

Oh for goodness sake grow up, if you don't watch the show how can you have such loathing for the man, you should never take anyone else's opinions as your own, as O'Reilly would say you should stop drinking kool aid.

Oh for goodness sake grow up, if you don't watch the show how can you have such loathing for the man, you should never take anyone else's opinions as your own, as O'Reilly would say you should stop drinking kool aid.

I've seen enough to know that he is a ignorant hypocritical bully with temper issues, it didn't really take long, he's not exactly subtle.

I've seen enough to know that he is a ignorant hypocritical bully with temper issues, it didn't really take long, he's not exactly subtle.

It's called Talk Show American style. You should hear some of the exchanges on morning Talk Show radio. English people have a problem understanding it as in general UK talk show hosts are falling over themselves trying to be polite and not offend anyone. I think many Americans would become somewhat bored with it. A good old verbal Donnybrook with no holds barred is what they like but Americans and British are two very different kinds of people in likes and dislikes anyway.

As I previously mentioned those who agree to go on O'Reilly's show know well what to expect in advance. No one forces them to go on it.

It's catch 22 though because they know that they're gonna get a complete hatchet job if they don't go on.

A true democracy needs an informed electorate, people like Bill O'Reilly are bad for democracy because they spreads disinformation and ignorance.

A host can be challenging and confrontational without being partisan and biased.

Give an example [of Bill Oreilly spreading disinformation and ignorance]

That took me all of 30 seconds to find. Google Bill O'reilly lies and you will find dozens of other examples.

Looks like I was too kind to him, he doesn't just spread disinformation, he straight up lies to his viewers.

Wow Media matters whatever they say must be so, well I am clearly not as clever as you because I don't even now how to link to a webpage like you do but in 10 seconds I found a website for parisbussinessreview and a report usa today report that you may want to read

http://www.parisbusinessreview.net/sites/PBR/contact.asp

http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/2003-04-30-france_x.htm

Wow Media matters whatever they say must be so, well I am clearly not as clever as you because I don't even now how to link to a webpage like you do but in 10 seconds I found a website for parisbussinessreview and a report usa today report that you may want to read

http://www.parisbusinessreview.net/sites/PBR/contact.asp

Did you bother reading that website before you linked to it?

"We are proud to have been mentioned recently by a misguided American entertainer named Bill O'Reilly, who apparently hosts a television program on a fledgling network called "The Fox News Channel" in the United States. He referenced a recent Paris Business Review article that said France has "lost billions of dollars" because of an American boycott of French products. Of course, that article was meant in jest...

...Clearly, Mr. O'Reilly did not appreciate the humor in our "Poor Little France" column of April 1, 2004, which we believe to be his source for the information. We had assumed that all our readers would recognize that our special edition on April 1 contained only "April Fools" joke stories....

...Thank you, Mr. O'Reilly, for extending the humor of our 2004 April Fools edition and helping us celebrate a great French holiday.

We do hope no Americans are taking this "lost billions of dollars" report seriously. Mr. O'Reilly is badly misinformed and, while he may be amusing at times, he is certainly not an authoritative source of factual information."

Lol it might be better if you actually read the websites you're going to link to in future if you want to avoid embarrassing yourself like that, a little too hasty methinks.

You appear to have just strengthened my argument.

Archived