American contribution to the world

[QUOTE=Rupert_Baehr;7735436]But you didn't speak like Dork van Dick, so you can't be English :hihi::hihi:

I too have been asked whether I'm an Australian ... though one lady thought I was a Norwegian(???).

My accent was a real asset in Mississippi ... Being a foreigner in MS is quite acceptable ... Just as long as you're not a 'Damned Yankee' :hihi:

How about Californians in MS? Do I need to change the license plates on my car or risk being called a Fruit and Nut instead ?:hihi:

In the spirit of other users on this forum I ask the question not what America has done for the world but what have the all the Islamic Arab nations done in the last 200 years, for our wourld. I would like a balanced none anti Jew response please if that is possible.

No takers, We rest our case, see you at the border.

How about Californians in MS? Do I need to change the license plates on my car or risk being called a Fruit and Nut instead ?:hihi:

I think the Commonwealth of Granola is considered to be a fairly neutral state in MS:hihi:

There are fruits, nuts and flakes in Mississippi, too. (Though perhaps not quite as many.;))

Ha! When I was a kid, I really believed he was drunk. Poor Dean Martin and my Uncle Donal shared the same affliction. :help:

Sierra, I think we all thought Deano was always drunk, later on he said, how could I have made that much money being drunk all the time.

Do you know later on in his life, never getting over his sons death, he became a recluse, they found out later on he ate at the same Italion restaurant every single night by himself for years, no one ever recognized him.

Sierra, I think we all thought Deano was always drunk, later on he said, how could I have made that much money being drunk all the time.

Do you know later on in his life, never getting over his sons death, he became a recluse, they found out later on he ate at the same Italion restaurant every single night by himself for years, no one ever recognized him.

Did he separate from his wife Jeanie later on ? He used to mention her sometimes on his shows

I think the Commonwealth of Granola is considered to be a fairly neutral state in MS:hihi:

There are fruits, nuts and flakes in Mississippi, too. (Though perhaps not quite as many.;))

Maybe if I ever get the urge to go to Dixieland, (which I doubt though) I'll bring the old Harley out of retirement, grow a beard and put on 75 pounds and pass for one of "them Good ole Boys. Confederate flag fastened to the back an' all.

I'll say I just rolled in from Texas. Maybe those hayseeds might even believe it :hihi:

Did he separate from his wife Jeanie later on ? He used to mention her sometimes on his shows

Yes he did, they were still married at the peak of his career , she said he always managed to get home for dinner every night with her and the kids,

the son that died was married to ice skater Dorothy Hamill for a short time, my husbands friend knew Deans son quite well then, he said he was a real prick :o

Another American contribution was Robert Mitchum , he was born and raised in an old two family house in the next town to me, in his last years he would often drive back to the house and just sit in his parked car and stare at the old homestead ...sad how some end up, isn't it ?

An old friend of mine sailed over to England with the Olympic team in the 1940s, she won a gold medal for the womens relay swimming team, she dated Grace Kellys brother for some time, he was also on the team, years later he was found dead on the streets in New York, heart attack , took months to find out who he was.

Yes he did, they were still married at the peak of his career , she said he always managed to get home for dinner every night with her and the kids,

the son that died was married to ice skater Dorothy Hamill for a short time, my husbands friend knew Deans son quite well then, he said he was a real prick :o

Aren't many kids of the rich and famous?

You deserved my response SUPERTYKE, mentioning movie actors, second rate ones at that as having any relevence to what America has conritbuted to the world . Your negativity and childish rant only set you up for my sarcasm. You and the OP Bounce are as like as two peas in a pod.

DO try to display a little more depth in your future postings :hihi: :hihi:

Sorry to interupt this bit of inter-American ar*e licking but can we get back on TOPIC?

You really should get somebody to help you read the posts of others big guy or maybe you should lay of the whisky and burgers before you log on.

Taking my words out of context (whilst hoping that nobody can be bothered to go back to see what I actually wrote) only shows what a cheating little pumpkin you are.

You know quite well that my random selection of two of your better actors was merely an illustration of the type of trash that America turns out by the sh*tload.

The vast majority of American films have no artistic merit whatsoever. They are designed to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible to maximise profit (and burger sales).

By adhering slavishly to these same old boring formulae the studios can re-use sets/wardrobes etc etc and increase profits even further.

To call my post a 'childish rant' really is pushing it pal. And, do you really think I give a flying fig about your feeble sarcasm? Indeed, it becomes you and your imperious swaggering arrogance.

I really don't know how you have the sheer gall to accuse the French of 'arrogance'. Maybe you think you might score a few points by downing them - but like somebody else pointed out, if you make some attempt to speak in their language they are as friendly a race as any. (At least they joined the fight against Nazism from the start). And they really do have excellent restaurants - but then you'd prefer to guzzle burgers all day wouldn't you?

AND DON'T TRY TO MAKE OUT THAT I DON'T KNOW COMPUTER ETTIQUETTE - I WOULDN'T DREAM OF POSTING IN CAPS.

Archived