American contribution to the world

Sorry to interupt this bit of inter-American ar*e licking but can we get back on post?

You know quite well that my random selection of two of your better actors was merely an illustration of the type of trash that America turns out by the sh*tload.

The vast majority of American films have no artistic merit whatsoever. They are designed to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible to maximise profit (and burger sales).

Not to interupt, Yanks have sent some bad movies over the pond, but maybe it's for, like....payback time, Brits sent the Yanks Mad Cow disease and not to forget Mr Tony (I just want my life back) Hayward, i think thats makes everyone even now :hihi:

Sorry to interupt this bit of inter-American ar*e licking but can we get back on post?

You really should get somebody to help you read the posts of others big guy or maybe you should lay of the whisky and burgers before you log on.

Taking my words out of context (whilst hoping that nobody can be bothered to go back to see what I actually wrote) only shows what a cheating little pumpkin you are.

You know quite well that my random selection of two of your better actors was merely an illustration of the type of trash that America turns out by the sh*tload.

The vast majority of American films have no artistic merit whatsoever. They are designed to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible to maximise profit (and burger sales).

By adhering slavishly to these same old boring formulae the studios can re-use sets/wardrobes etc etc and increase profits even further.

To call my post a 'childish rant' really is pushing it pal. And, do you really think I give a flying fig about your feeble sarcasm? Indeed, it becomes you and your imperious swaggering arrogance.

I really don't know how you have the sheer gall to accuse the French of 'arrogance'. Maybe you think you might score a few points by downing them - but like somebody else pointed out, if you make some attempt to speak in their language they are as friendly a race as any. (At least they joined the fight against Nazism from the start). And they really do have excellent restaurants - but then you'd prefer to guzzle burgers all day wouldn't you?

AND DON'T TRY TO MAKE OUT THAT I DON'T KNOW COMPUTER ETTIQUETTE - I WOULDN'T DREAM OF POSTING IN CAPS.

Pshaw ! Pshaw! Mainly off subject. Completely biased and dismissive of any positive contributions that have been made. Basically the same old stuff you've already posted

Cannot give a grade higher than C minus on this effort

MUST DO BETTAH !! :hihi:

Not to interupt, Yanks have sent some bad movies over the pond, but maybe it's for, like....payback time, Brits sent the Yanks Mad Cow disease and not to forget Mr Tony (I just want my life back) Hayward, i think thats makes everyone even now :hihi:

He doesn't know squat about the movie industry. He cites the likes of Steven Segall and Van Damme as being "two of our better actors?" :loopy:

Even I would admit their movies are crap but you cant reason with someone like SUPERTYKE. He's just on another of his yank hating rampages.

Anyway if there's a demand in Britain for some of Hollywood's lesser offerings and British audiences are dumb enough to buy a ticket who gives a monkeys.

Segal and Van Damme are laughing all the way to the bank I'm sure :hihi:

erm, thats the world wide film "industry", I'm sure UK film makers don't make films that are designed to appeal to as few people as possible and make a massive loss, but I might be wrong ?

erm, thats the world wide film "industry", I'm sure UK film makers don't make films that are designed to appeal to as few people as possible and make a massive loss, but I might be wrong ?

Many British movies made over the years have been first class but much British talent in that industry emigrated to Hollywood for better money and Hollywood was all the better for it also

Many British movies made over the years have been first class but much British talent in that industry emigrated to Hollywood for better money and Hollywood was all the better for it also

Don't forget "Hammer House of Horror".

(Wasn't that just outside Rotherham? ;))

Don't forget "Hammer House of Horror".

(Wasn't that just outside Rotherham? ;))

Some of those old Hammer horrors were pretty good for their time.

Those were the days when vampires were vampires and not the foppish teenage idols they've become today. Bah :hihi:

I was going to say the Bond films too, but they do tend to be guilty of "adhering slavishly to these same old boring formulae"

They have deteriorated to the point of the ridiculous. Outlandish physical stunts that not even a Barbary ape could accomplish

Archived