American contribution to the world

Oh please don't let this thread end with thought of Steven Seagal being America's contribution to the world. The man is awful a bloated has-been who for some reason,lost on me, my husband thinks is a great star and has a complete collected all of his god awful films.

Is Steven Seagal descended from Jonathon Livingstone Seagull?

If so, Darwin got it wrong.

Oh please don't let this thread end with thought of Steven Seagal being America's contribution to the world. The man is awful a bloated has-been who for some reason,lost on me, my husband thinks is a great star and has a complete collected all of his god awful films.

You can blame SUPERTYKE for that. He brought up Seagal as an example of America's finest in acting. :hihi:

Of course no mention of Elzabeth Taylor (transpant from the UK). James Stewart. Henry Fonda, Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis, Gregory Peck, Meryl Streep, Clint Eastwood, Warren Beatty, Angelina Jolie, Ava Gardner, Kirk Douglas, Spencer Tracy to name but a few and great directors like the Selznicks, John Ford, John Huston, Steven Spielberg.

Quite understandable though that these were overlooked in favour of Steven Seagal but that's what happens when one's mind is in moron mode

My other half thinks he is great, I can't believe I can be married to someone so lacking in taste.

Husbands are funny that way. When we were quite young, my husband used to eat Beanie Weenies. I used to sit and stare at him like I didn't know who he was. Even worse, I was expected to prepare and serve it. Despite this, he turned out ok.

As for godawful movies, I once had no choice but to sit through

The kind of movie that's so bad you can feel your IQ dropping as you watch it. That and anything with Jack Black in it. Nacho Libre, oh boy.

Perhaps your husband doesn't like chick flicks, who can blame him:hihi:

He (Supertyke) doesn't know squat about the movie industry. He cites the likes of Steven Segall and Van Damme as being "two of our better actors?" :loopy:

Even I would admit their movies are crap but you cant reason with someone like SUPERTYKE. He's just on another of his yank hating rampages.:

Like I said it seems that you need some help reading the posts of others - or is it that you are just so enamoured with your own drivel that you don't bother reading them anyway? I was being ironic. When are you dopey yanks going to get the hang of irony?

You really are a cheating coward Harleyman because you know full well that I termed the two actors as 'third rate' in my first mention of them. Your insistance that I consider Seagull and Van Dim to be good actors is tantamount to lying - in fact it IS lying - but then, lying seems to come easy to you.

You are just as fake as Seagull and Van Dim though you're clearly a much better actor.

So if you have a problem with my response to a S.F. member's post, be it negative or otherwise - TOUGH SH*T.

Regarding my knowledge of the film industry, I'm a professional photographer and I might know more than you think. My studio walls are adorned with early black and white stills mainly from the days when Holywood turned out some of the best lighting technicians and cinematographers in the world (though most of the film scripts/actors were still caka).

You say that I hate America but there you go lying again. For you know quite well, from one of our previous meetings that it's not the case at all. So I'll repeat, just for the record that I've nothing whatsoever against the American people.

Many of them might have this inflated sense of self that leads them to believe that they really are better than any other nation -they may well be partial to enormous quantities of processed meat - and generally take no heed of the rate at which they are devouring the resourses of the planet - but they are just people like any people anywhere. Some great, some not so great, - then there's you.

The 'American Dream' as even you may have found by now, is just that - a dream. It always was just a lie - as is the 'Bill of Rights'. As is America - as are most democracies throughout the world.

But as long as decent intelligent Americans subscribe to that lie, and indeed, reinforce the lie (as you and your friends seem to enjoy doing) then the world has no chance at all.

I've no doubt that you despise these good intelligent Americans that I'm talking of - Michael Moore and Bob dylan are two obvious ones. Do they upset your interpretation of the America that you've been brought up to believe in? Do they detract from the notion that America is the father figure of the planet rather than an odious rampaging teenager hell bent on on tearing up the road in an over-powered muscle car?

You are a pitiable bunch for sure - unable to construct a reasoned reply to my post you just bunch together like a pack of ravening dogs trying to defend the decaying bones of an America that existed only in Hollywood.

P.S.

I've just noticed Harleyman, in your list of 'Hollywood Greats' you fail to mention arguably the best director that Hollywood ever had - Alfred Hitchcock - wonder why?

Like I said it seems that you need some help reading the posts of others - or is it that you are just so enamoured with your own drivel that you don't bother reading them anyway? I was being ironic. When are you dopey yanks going to get the hang of irony?

You really are a cheating coward Harleyman because you know full well that I termed the two actors as 'third rate' in my first mention of them. Your insistance that I consider Seagull and Van Dim to be good actors is tantamount to lying - in fact it IS lying - but then, lying seems to come easy to you.

You are just as fake as Seagull and Van Dim though you're clearly a much better actor.

So if you have a problem with my response to a S.F. member's post, be it negative or otherwise - TOUGH SH*T.

Regarding my knowledge of the film industry, I'm a professional photographer and I might know more than you think. My studio walls are adorned with early black and white stills mainly from the days when Holywood turned out some of the best lighting technicians and cinematographers in the world (though most of the film scripts/actors were still caka).

You say that I hate America but there you go lying again. For you know quite well, from one of our previous meetings that it's not the case at all. So I'll repeat, just for the record that I've nothing whatsoever against the American people.

Many of them might have this inflated sense of self that leads them to believe that they really are better than any other nation -they may well be partial to enormous quantities of processed meat - and generally take no heed of the rate at which they are devouring the resourses of the planet - but they are just people like any people anywhere. Some great, some not so great, - then there's you.

The 'American Dream' as even you may have found by now, is just that - a dream. It always was just a lie - as is the 'Bill of Rights'. As is America - as are most democracies throughout the world.

But as long as decent intelligent Americans subscribe to that lie, and indeed, reinforce the lie (as you and your friends seem to enjoy doing) then the world has no chance at all.

I've no doubt that you despise these good intelligent Americans that I'm talking of - Michael Moore and Bob dylan are two obvious ones. Do they upset your interpretation of the America that you've been brought up to believe in? Do they detract from the notion that America is the father figure of the planet rather than an odious rampaging teenager hell bent on on tearing up the road in an over-powered muscle car?

You are a pitiable bunch for sure - unable to construct a reasoned reply to my post you just bunch together like a pack of ravening dogs trying to defend the decaying bones of an America that existed only in Hollywood.

P.S.

I've just noticed Harleyman, in your list of 'Hollywood Greats' you fail to mention arguably the best director that Hollywood ever had - Alfred Hitchcock - wonder why?

Cool story, bro!

P.S.

OMG :hihi: your Americdan idols are Michael Moore and Dylan ? thats worse than your Seagull & Van Dam heros :hihi:

OMG :hihi: your Americdan idols are Michael Moore and Dylan ? thats worse than your Seagull & Van Dam heros :hihi:

Hey there's nout wrong with Bob Dylan! Micheal Moore is a bit of a tool though, his first few films were pretty good though.

Archived