American contribution to the world

blinkers are firmly on aren't they? How do you know what life is like for the average Christian in Iran when you've never been to the country. On the other hand I'm from the UK have been to the United States have family in the United States and also have good friends who are Iranian both Muslim and Non Muslim. There is discrimination in Iran against minorities but it is blown out of all proportion by the west in order to help justify hostile stance towards Iran.

In the US there have been many cases of discrimination against Muslims especially sicne 9/11. America is pretty much a police state if you're Muslim these days and that useto be the case for African Americans not so long ago.

Are those people complaining about the country? Are they complaining that they hate living in London or Sheffield or Bradford or is it that they hate the foreign policy of the British government? They hate racists like the EDL? They hate anti Muslim discrimination?

You must have put your blinkers on with Super Glue. :hihi:

You just go on posting complete crap. Making statements about someone you've never met except on the SF.

Anyway some your assumptions need correcting.

First off I have seen all of Michael Moores works and although he tends to simplify the issues with over dramatisation occasionally in general what he says contains a fair amount of truth I'll give him that.

Secondly I've been a Bob Dylan fan for decades I also liked Janis Joplin, the Doors and even The Carpenters. I dont limit my likes and dislikes to any music genre.

Thirdly I made a very good life for myself here. I've been retired for about 2-1/2 years now, have enough to live a very comfortable life, own a very nice home, a cabin up in the mountains, in processi of buying a second home in Arizona, own a couple of nice cars, a camper and a couple of ATVs.

I dont use the latter two as at my age I've slowed down somewhat but the kids make good use of them. I generally play golF once a day for a couple of hours, fishing on weekends and mountain bike with the missus now and again when I dont feel too achy. So I haven't done too badly from the "dream" as you put it. No way could I have lived like this had I stayed on In England.

I wont make any comment on your opinion of America as you just revert to the usual rants. "Odious teenager hell bent on tearing up the road in a muscle car" What a load of bile and crap.

Oh I forgot to add that I do occasionally tear up the road in a muscle car that my sons and I restored 8 years ago,,, a 1969 Dodge Charger, same model as the one shown in Bullitt but dark green instead of black. Even an old guy like me can make that baby haul ass across one of our quiet desert roads.

So eat your heart out and be happy with your cheap Fiat or Renault or whatever cracker box piece of crap you tool around in.

Finally I didn't mention Alfred Hitchcock, great director that he was because he was a Brit but Hollywood has benefited tremendously from the influx of great British talent over 80 years. Too bad that all those great Brit actors and actresses could never get anywhere in the British film industry and also had to flee from the unfair high taxation thet the government levied upon them but it was all Hollywood's gain in the end anyway.

Why do you insist on personalising this debate? I have no personal interest in you or your S.F. cronies whatsoever. I don’t care what you do or where you live or even what the colour of your faeces is. (But I bet they’re as black as hell).. You really DO take the bikky Harl – your first sentence applies to almost everyone on S.F. - very few of whom have actually met in person!!!???

How vulgar though, is your long list of acquisitions – no more than I’d expect from a gut-bucket redneck though. So I’ll defer to rise to your, ‘Mines bigger and better than yours’, rant even though I could buy and sell you with the contents of my kids piggy bank.

As for me ‘talking complete crap’ as you say, I think you’ll find that most of what I say can be backed up by fact and common sense, in which, it must be said, you appear to be sadly lacking.

Furthermore my admiration of Michael Moore, Lennon, Dylan, Darwin, Zappa, Steinbeck et al are also not, ‘assumptions’ as you call them. In fact very little if any, of my posts are based on assumptions. (Incidentally, I see that all of the musicians you list are American. Tsk tsk - I wonder why????

But at least you’ve done very well for yourself – big luxurious pads all over America, new Winni – several gas guzzlers, and all of that leisure time – Wow! What a clever boy you are. Not trying to do a ‘Mr Jones’ on me are you? Make me jealous? I’m thinking about buying a new 747 akchewly - not decided on colour though yet.

But no, you’re absolutely right Harl, you’ve done VERY well out of ‘The American Dream’. Better than most it could be said. Better than the poor saps who were washed out of their homes in New Orleans recently, (Bushes face when told about it in the classroom – classic), or those deprived of the most basic living needs, thousands of whom suffer and die daily in the alleys and hovels of the world’s richest country.. Perhaps you could cram fifty of the homeless in your hut in the hills Harl; just to show them that you care. But don’t leave any of your high powered firearms about – never know what these critters might do next, eh pal?

Finally, you didn’t mention Hitchcock because he didn’t enter your right wing nationalist head – so cut the B.S Mr America.

OMG :hihi: your Americdan idols are Michael Moore and Dylan ? thats worse than your Seagull & Van Dam heros :hihi:

As I said I wouldn't expect Harl and his jet settin cronies to like these people - they're FAR too real for you to begin to understand.

And fyi I don't 'idolise' anyone - not even your white supremicist God.

It's so 'you', to worry about what Dylan looks and sounds like rather than what his poetry and political veiws are about. Shallow as a salt lake eh dear?

Why do you insist on personalising this debate? I have no personal interest in you or your S.F. cronies whatsoever. I don’t care what you do or where you live or even what the colour of your faeces is. (But I bet they’re as black as hell).. You really DO take the bikky Harl – your first sentence applies to almost everyone on S.F. - very few of whom have actually met in person!!!???

How vulgar though, is your long list of acquisitions – no more than I’d expect from a gut-bucket redneck though. So I’ll defer to rise to your, ‘Mines bigger and better than yours’, rant even though I could buy and sell you with the contents of my kids piggy bank.

As for me ‘talking complete crap’ as you say, I think you’ll find that most of what I say can be backed up by fact and common sense, in which, it must be said, you appear to be sadly lacking.

Furthermore my admiration of Michael Moore, Lennon, Dylan, Darwin, Zappa, Steinbeck et al are also not, ‘assumptions’ as you call them. In fact very little if any, of my posts are based on assumptions. (Incidentally, I see that all of the musicians you list are American. Tsk tsk - I wonder why????

But at least you’ve done very well for yourself – big luxurious pads all over America, new Winni – several gas guzzlers, and all of that leisure time – Wow! What a clever boy you are. Not trying to do a ‘Mr Jones’ on me are you? Make me jealous? I’m thinking about buying a new 747 akchewly - not decided on colour though yet.

But no, you’re absolutely right Harl, you’ve done VERY well out of ‘The American Dream’. Better than most it could be said. Better than the poor saps who were washed out of their homes in New Orleans recently, (Bushes face when told about it in the classroom – classic), or those deprived of the most basic living needs, thousands of whom suffer and die daily in the alleys and hovels of the world’s richest country.. Perhaps you could cram fifty of the homeless in your hut in the hills Harl; just to show them that you care. But don’t leave any of your high powered firearms about – never know what these critters might do next, eh pal?

Finally, you didn’t mention Hitchcock because he didn’t enter your right wing nationalist head – so cut the B.S Mr America.

That post dear readers is what becomes of an over indulgence in Stingo the barley wine of choice amongst our cave dwelling chav members :hihi:

That post dear readers is what becomes of an over indulgence of Stingo the barley wine of choice amongst our cave dwelling. knuckle dragging members.

Pretty soon he will be on the verge of keyboard madness and reverting to his past practice of posting in CAPs :hihi:

blinkers are firmly on aren't they? How do you know what life is like for the average Christian in Iran when you've never been to the country. On the other hand I'm from the UK have been to the United States have family in the United States and also have good friends who are Iranian both Muslim and Non Muslim. There is discrimination in Iran against minorities but it is blown out of all proportion by the west in order to help justify hostile stance towards Iran.

Women aren't a minority, Iran is in the top number of countries along with Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, India, Congo etc for discrimination against women.

Homosexuals are executed in iran are they in the US?

That post dear readers is what becomes of an over indulgence of Stingo the barley wine of choice amongst our cave dwelling. knuckle dragging members.

Pretty soon he will be on the verge of keyboard madness and reverting to his past practice of posting in CAPs :hihi:

It's so sad to see the predictable way these threads go. you support something decent and next you're the Brighton Trunk Murderer

What a sad jealous person you come accross as.

You just go on posting complete crap. Making statements about someone you've never met except on the SF.

Anyway some your assumptions need correcting.

First off I have seen all of Michael Moores works and although he tends to simplify the issues with over dramatisation occasionally in general what he says contains a fair amount of truth I'll give him that.

Secondly I've been a Bob Dylan fan for decades I also liked Janis Joplin, the Doors and even The Carpenters. I dont limit my likes and dislikes to any music genre.

Thirdly I made a very good life for myself here. I've been retired for about 2-1/2 years now, have enough to live a very comfortable life, own a very nice home, a cabin up in the mountains, in processi of buying a second home in Arizona, own a couple of nice cars, a camper and a couple of ATVs.

I dont use the latter two as at my age I've slowed down somewhat but the kids make good use of them. I generally play golF once a day for a couple of hours, fishing on weekends and mountain bike with the missus now and again when I dont feel too achy. So I haven't done too badly from the "dream" as you put it. No way could I have lived like this had I stayed on In England.

I wont make any comment on your opinion of America as you just revert to the usual rants. "Odious teenager hell bent on tearing up the road in a muscle car" What a load of bile and crap.

Oh I forgot to add that I do occasionally tear up the road in a muscle car that my sons and I restored 8 years ago,,, a 1969 Dodge Charger, same model as the one shown in Bullitt but dark green instead of black. Even an old guy like me can make that baby haul ass across one of our quiet desert roads.

So eat your heart out and be happy with your cheap Fiat or Renault or whatever cracker box piece of crap you tool around in.

Finally I didn't mention Alfred Hitchcock, great director that he was because he was a Brit but Hollywood has benefited tremendously from the influx of great British talent over 80 years. Too bad that all those great Brit actors and actresses could never get anywhere in the British film industry and also had to flee from the unfair high taxation thet the government levied upon them but it was all Hollywood's gain in the end anyway.

Great post, only jealous, insecure under achievers will resent it, I too am well into retirement but last night I was jamming till midnight with my fellow musicians and singers, I sold an instrument not too long back it was probably older than many of the none eventers on this forum.

The US has given me so much musicaly over the years.

It's so sad to see the predictable way these threads go. you support something decent and next you're the Brighton Trunk Murderer

Too bad if this thread gets closed. It was started by a Muslim with a giant chip on his shoulder but even so for a short time it did become a pleasant exchange of views.

My experience is that not many people on this forum like America very much and think that us expats who have chosen to make their life here are some kind of traitors. It dont bother me at all however. I'll go on posting my views Gives me something to do during quiet moments and it's kinda amusing to see how many members start foaming at the mouth at the mention of America.

They're not typical of the average Brit however. I place a much higher value on their intelligence than I do on knuckle dragging ranters but every dog has a right to his bone as they say.

Archived