American contribution to the world

You have no credibility with me Swami old son. I know for a fact that had you submiited a posting before it would have been completely negative. You are incapable of being fair, balanced and impartial. Your biased views on the USA are well known to me :D

Were you to browse through my vast music collection and scan my bookshelves you would perhaps begin to understand a wee bit that you have led yourself up a garden path Harleyman. :)

It is crammed with American musicians, composers and writers. Indeed some of my biggest "heroes" are contained therein. As I have stated previously on this forum my one visit to your country will live with me until the day I check out. The drive from Portland to the Big Muddy Ranch took me through scenery that was truly awe inspiring. I did'nt meet a single person who was not a joy to meet. The service at stop-over diners I hav'nt experienced anywhere else...and the size of the burger that came on my very first order really confused me too...I thought it was meant to be shared between the 7 of us. :hihi:

I am not...and have never been... "Anti American."

If you can remember any post of mine in which you believe I have stated an untruth about your country I'm more than happy to let you make a complete dick of me by pointing it out. If you can't...

Hey back Swami,

I respect you too, your posts are a tiny bit of the west coast right here on Sheffield forum my friend.

For the most part, I don't have a problem with what SUPERTYKE says, (it's been said before) it's how he says it. By no means is he the only one who calls names and makes assumptions about people's intelligence. I do take mild exception to the sexist remark he made about me and my daughter. Now in his defense, he probably didn't know the blonde in the avatar is my child, and it is a small picture, but good grief! He basically told me I'm too stupid for him to waste his time arguing with. :help:

God knows I'm a gal with a sense of humor. I'm not going to take it seriously because I don't know him in real life so I have no clue what sort of person he is. Same for most folks on here. Also, what can I do about it? Except angle the laptop screen so my husband can't see it. :hihi:

As for buck and Harleyman, I have the utmost respect and pride for them. They fight the online battles here so I have the luxury of appearing like a saint. I'm proud that these two extraordinary, hard-working men chose to become Americans. They picked us, we didn't pick them. Same for the Iranian neighbors I mentioned earlier, awesome people. Truly, England and Iran's loss is our gain.

Now, since it's Father's Day, I have to go. We're having a BBQ by the lake for my father in law. I'm going to eat a casper dog for each and every one of you. Mmmmmm.

Hi Sierra, I could'nt agree more about none of us truly knowing anyone else on here. On-line personas often mislead...and I should know. I've been organising a monthly meet for over three years and have met many fellow members...often being astonished by the difference on and off line. In a nice way...of course. :cool:

I have nothing personal against Harleyman and Buck and like you I applaud them both for what they have achieved through hard graft.

It's just that...sometimes...just once...that's all...just once...I wish I could get a straight answer to a question instead of being painted as "anti-septic."

And on a wee bit of a West Coast note...lots of love to you and your family from a humble Swami. :)

Sierra comes to this forum with no axe to grind. She should not be personally insulted when she writes, but SUPERTYKE spares nobody.

It may surprise you to find that in my earlier years I shared some of the views yourself, tyke and others of your ilk had. Though I had always admired America for its drive, its entertainment, its quality of life, I thought it consumed with its own importance, its ugly American image, its poor knowledge of Geography. My first intent was to go to Australia, but that didn't work out, so I headed to Canada for nine years. The American Company I worked for asked me to work in New England for a while, and it completely changed my mind. I live among people I like very much, who like me back. As an Englishman married to an Irish catholic I worried that I would

not make it with her Irish American family. I needn't have worried.

If we Ex Pat Sheffielders sometimes fight back, its because much of what some people back home talk is nonsense about this country. We know our city, though it has clearly changed in recent years. It was always a friendly, unassuming town, a bit rough and ready at the edges but a lot of fun. But something has happened to it since the steelworks closed, and not for the better. Please note that I have called nobody stupid, fat, fascist, or racist. Please try hard to respond in kind.[/QUOTE]

Peace and love Buck...peace and love! :)

Hi Sierra, I could'nt agree more about none of us truly knowing anyone else on here. On-line personas often mislead...and I should know. I've been organising a monthly meet for over three years and have met many fellow members...often being astonished by the difference on and off line. In a nice way...of course. :cool:

I have nothing personal against Harleyman and Buck and like you I applaud them both for what they have achieved through hard graft.

It's just that...sometimes...just once...that's all...just once...I wish I could get a straight answer to a question instead of being painted as "anti-septic."

And on a wee bit of a West Coast note...lots of love to you and your family from a humble Swami. :)

Perhaps we could all meet up sometime for a love fest.

I'll bring the marshamallows

SUPERTYKE the beer

And you the flowers and incense.

Afterwards we can all sit around the fire and sing Kumbiya

Just meant to be funny so dont take offence :hihi:

Rodgers and Hammerstein

Singer sewing machines

Elisha Graves Otis inventor of the modern elevator

Mark Twain

Cole Porter

Ernest Hemingway

Frank Zappa

Samuel Barber

Randy Newman

The Airborne Toxic Event

George Gershwin

Ry Cooder

Duke Ellington

Johnny Hodges

Mark Twain

Maya Angelou

Ben Franklin

Tom Paine

I give up...I could be here for hours otherwise...;)

Perhaps we could all meet up sometime for a love fest.

I'll bring the marshamallows

SUPERTYKE the beer

And you the flowers and incense.

Afterwards we can all sit around the fire and sing Kumbiya

Just meant to be funny so dont take offence :hihi:

I've already got a fence. :P

:hihi:

Frank Zappa

Samuel Barber

Randy Newman

The Airborne Toxic Event

George Gershwin

Ry Cooder

Duke Ellington

Johnny Hodges

Mark Twain

Maya Angelou

Ben Franklin

Tom Paine

I give up...I could be here for hours otherwise...;)

You forgot Bruce Springsteen..... not to mention The Eagles and the Mommas and the Poppas.... sacrilage

Archived