American contribution to the world

I accept your retraction - good joke - I'll continue to go over this ground for some time to come if that's o.k with you.

Of course you can carry on if it makes you feel better. Oh Tyke you are such a prickly chap (you are a chap right?)

Besides, America is not a single homogenous entity - it is quite possible to, for example - loath american foreign policy and like american cars. America did not contribute the light bulb, er, eddison? did. America is a mist of conflicting identities, much like any nation on earth.

Frank Zappa

Samuel Barber

Randy Newman

The Airborne Toxic Event

George Gershwin

Ry Cooder

Duke Ellington

Johnny Hodges

Mark Twain

Maya Angelou

Ben Franklin

Tom Paine

I give up...I could be here for hours otherwise...;)

YOU FORGOT "SEA-SICK STEVE"!!

What a guy - what a muso! Reminds of the great Link Wray.

Of course you can carry on if it makes you feel better. Oh Tyke you are such a prickly chap (you are a chap right?)

I might be a chap and I might be prickly on the other hand I might be a woman and I STILL might be prickly - especially when people say they were 'just joking' about a nasty post then retract it when they're sussed and challenged.

I might be a chap and I might be prickly on the other hand I might be a woman and I STILL might be prickly - especially when people say they were 'just joking' about a nasty post then retract it when they're sussed and challenged.

sussed? You do say some silly things. It is hardly like I wrote an amazingly witty post that worked on many levels that require sussing. Good god man, if you are going to be rude don't pussy foot around and get on with it. I stood by my going round and round claims. I did think you were just stubborn at first but I think you have a potato field on your shoulder. If you think my post was nasty you must be incredibly sensitive or maybe just argumentative and enjoying provoking people into arguments.

I apologise if my "nasty" post offended you.

My bold=

Can you retract? Where have I said that I have a pathological hatred of America.

Without American music my own long musical carreer would never have got off the ground plus most of the music that I play today has US origins.

You're a bass player oh I get it - yeah I see. Are you famous?

You aren't Def Leppard's man are you? A friend of Rick Allen? He who I offered to flatten when he wouldn't cough up the cash for a pair of electronic drums that I let him have on approval from my music shop?

Tight git - the band had just got their first advance after being signed but he still wanted freebies!

And I'm still not happy with the state those guitars came back in - a Strat and an S.G. Special, if memory serves!! Leppards studded jackets and belts had scratched the backs of them.

Tell em I'll catch up with em one day - I'll make those metal monkeys pay!

Archived